Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most ignorant statement made by a salesman/saleswoman at a H-D dealership....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phurion
Isn't it? After all, it was designed specifically to target and appeal to the female rider market segment.

Guys just buy 'em (usually as their "first Harley") because they're more affordable.

I'd ride a metric before an 883. Then again, I'd ride a metric before I rode a Sporty at all. Sporties are too small for my comfort (and I'm not all that big really. 6' @ 220).
Maybe this thread should be renamed "The most ignorant statement made by a forum member"......

Old 12-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bingo

Note; The dealership where we purchased the bike invited everyone (and a guest) that bought an 08 to an evening out at a golf and country club. This included dinner and a motorcycle give away. The local dealership has only ever provided coffee and doughnuts for all the years I have dealt there!
Damn, you get donuts ?????

We don't, we get coffee and 50 cent sodas though.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bikergeoff
In November of 07 I went to "Biker Bob's" H-D in Taylor, MI. to buy a tour pak latch. While I was waiting for their parts runner to find it in the back, I was looking at an 08 SG. A salesman approached and asked if I was interested. I said Maybe, what will you give me for my 01 Ultra in trade? They wheeled it into the service bay and looked it over, made a list of needed repairs and offered me $5,500.00. I asked why so low and they said it needed $2,750.00 worth of repairs due to oil leaks. Sounded like BS to me, since the bike never left behind any puddles or used more than a 1/2 a quart of oil in 3,000 miles. So I said, well since I have the extended warranty, fix it. I'll gladly pay my $50.00 deductible. The salesman and the service writer just looked at each other, dumbfounded.
That is great, I wish I could have seen their faces.
Waaaaa hahahahahahahaha

Old 12-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
One of the methods of tracking and identifying criminals is via car sales. If you pay cash (or hand over a check) for a car, there is required reporting. It's easier for the dealer, and you, if they finance the vehicle.

Additionally, dealers make money on financing, so, walking in waving handfuls of cash doesn't impress them they way a lot of people seem to think it should.
I guess I wasn't clear enough on what I mean by "Cash Price".
I meant I was going to write a check for a new car and wasn't going to trade anything in.
I thought it would be pretty simple for him to give me a price, since there was no trade involved.

I know they make money on financing, that is why I didn't ask for it.
I'm always honest about that. If I need financing or not. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Petesnot
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in a dealership in Montana somewhere a few years back, a friend was looking to buy a bike. I opted to just browse and a salesman approached me. This was the year 96" motors became stock. I owned a Y2K RK that had a few upgrades.
Him: I can make you a good deal on that bike you're looking at.
Me: I have a paid for Harley. I like no payments.
Him: I bet it doesn't have 96"!
Me: You're right, but it does have 95". Can't see paying $20k for 1 inch displacement.
Him: Yeah, but I bet your 95 incher doesn't have a warranty!
Me: You're right it doesn't. But I bet I can find somebody to give me one for less than $20k.
Him: nothing, just walks away.

I've yet to find a dealership I can trust; once they have your money, they don't want much to do with you. I travel 50 miles to an independent that actually stands behind their work; Central Valley Cycle in Springfield, Oregon.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 AM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Well you guys have some good ones for sure. Mine:

Traded in my Suzuki C50 on the SG. The salesman was having the C50 appraised for trade in value. And he comes walking back in and says man I can't find your bike. I said it the silver one right at the front door. He goes back out and comes back in and says I still can't find your bike. So I get out of the chair and walk out the door and point to it, He says that's a Suzuki? I said yeah, he says damn looks like a Harley to me. I said you don't know bikes do you!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:44 AM
OldArmy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best one - "See those two silver tubes on the side of the cylinders? Those are for the "counter-balancers."

Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 AM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,117 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Bikergeoff, I think that post takes 1st place!............. Biker Bobs H-D must have at least a couple of DUMMIES "working" there!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:51 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 592 Likes on 311 Posts

I was paying cash for a $1500 used car at a "school and work car" used lot.

After we agreed on the price ($1500, down from a starting price of $2200) I said I'd pay cash.

They said they needed my social security number, I said why, they said for a credit check. I said why? they said it was just they way they did things.

We went back and forth over this till I walked out. But before my ride could pick me up they came back out and finally sold me the car without my SSAN.

They still said they didn't understand why I would not give my SSAN.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:55 AM
r0de_runr
Road Warrior

Received 592 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by goinsideways136
.... remember riding big bikes doesnt make your ***** bigger...

Sometimes it does, but it depends on the view, the temperature, the music, and who I have on the back.

Quick Reply: Most ignorant statement made by a salesman/saleswoman at a H-D dealership....