Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Finance Through Eagle Mark?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just talked to the dealer to get the terms, yep rate is worse than the original CU (who isnt wanting to lend right now). On top of offering over $16,000 more credit than I wanted they also are offering no payment / no interest for 6 months. Um, no thanks. Why would I want to push the payoff date of the bike out an additional 6 months? Obviously they want you to trade every few years, so how can you do that when you arent paying your balance off?

Dealer here was doing the 3.99% for 60 months too but they just dropped that in the past week since the economy went in the tank.

The dealer said they have a CU that they use so we are going to investigate that before I make any deals. HD will have to come down on the rate, plain and simple.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:08 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraDuke
after that letter, you still dont have your title? i couldnt imagine why not.
I got the title a week or so later and I knew the letter wasn't going to expedite sh** but it sure made me feel better.

Point being: if you can go with a credit union that MIGHT care about you then do so.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used them without a problem,if your credit is good the rate can be negotiable,dont let the dealer tell you otherwise! I did put a pretty good down,financed for 24 month's,payed it off in 10! Last payment wrote "Payoff" on the check,had the title in hand a week later.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Buck Naked
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt2
I have never used anything but my credit union for financing on bikes before, but am thinking of going through HD this time. Im about 99% to pulling the trigger on a Dark Shadow Blue 09 SG. I just wanted to buy the bike, put a few G's down and call it a day.

I had already had an approval from my CU, when I called to confirm they said I had to reapply??? I guess the economy has everyone scared right now. Anyway, now they are jacking me around about the terms, approval, etc but nothing has changed. Been at my job for 9 years, no CC debt, only a couple pmts until my car is paid off, etc.

So I had the dealer run me through HD just to see, they were more than happy to offer credit. I was looking to finance under $20k, but they came back and gave me up to $35k credit is that normal? Or could the dealer have applied for more since they knew I was drooling on the SE CVO Ultra?

So are they good to deal with, good customer service, etc?

I just bought an '09 RKC, and considered financing thru HD, but got a better deal from State Farm Ins. I don't know whether it's a local thing or not, but they had 5.24% for as long as 72 mths. Last I heard, HD had 6.99% for 60 mths, and 8.99% up to 84 mths. Someone here basically said the same thing, but as a former lender, I'd tell you to go w/ the best rate possible as you can generally overlook the customer service to a degree...

Old 10-09-2008, 01:31 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master

Just a thought, When financing with a company or bank, make sure you are not paying any kind of fee, such as a finance fee. The fee itself can cost you money in the long run.
The reason I mention the finance fees, because the finance officer that works at a dealer, representing Eagle Mark told me they did not have finance fee and you can pay the loan off at anytime you want too. Say you decide to sale your bike, you can pay the loan off without a penalty.

Hope this helps

Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Yup, I myself just financed and the dealer told me 6.99 with a really good credit rating (above 740 score). I got the financing from my CU at 5.25% (60 mos.) Big difference I feel.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master

State Farm loans money? didn't know that. great rate. 5.24%...That is the rate on my mortage.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got mine for 6% for 60 months in June 08, I would think it's still around that. Maybe you can get a special, I didn't.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
jus2anoyu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by so165
hell I got financed twice thru Eagle Mark, the second time was for 26 grand. I apply for a credit card and get turned down every time, lmao...

Yup, me too. 2 months ago, when I was looking at the SE ultra I just bought, Eaglemark apparently said "Anything we have, you can ride home on....TODAY!" But as you say, I applied for the HD credit card a couple of days ago and was turned down. It doesn't make sense. I have 3 credit cards all of which are below 9.9 apr?

Old 10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
06WideGlide
Cruiser

In late August, got 5.99% from HD. My credit union was at 6.5% so I went with HD. Had a previous loan through HD that I paid off early. It was at 4.99%. Never had a problem with them and my payment is automatically deducted every month.

Quick Reply: Anyone Finance Through Eagle Mark?