Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Brace vs Throttle Up Touring Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:17 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's incredibly interesting, how much force is exerted on either brace during use? at what point will either brace exhibit any flex?

Old 11-16-2008, 07:20 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And for what it's worth I apologize for calling you out on your shot in the dark guess, no harm was meant.

Jim

Old 11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by brunswickoh
That's incredibly interesting, how much force is exerted on either brace during use? at what point will either brace exhibit any flex?
You seem to be missing the whole point of this discussion. It has been stated that both products, along with several others, do the intended purpose. The question was not will one do better than the other, or will one break and one hold. The only comments that were made in comparing the two were about which one is stronger.

Dennis

Last edited by rochkes; 11-16-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: didn't want to have to eat crow any more than usual
Old 11-16-2008, 07:30 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by brunswickoh
And for what it's worth I apologize for calling you out on your shot in the dark guess, no harm was meant.

Jim

Actually, your apology means alot even though it was unnecesarry. I have thick skin. I will defend my opinions when I am sure I am right and back down from them when it is proven that I am not.

My previous post had a little hack on you at the end before I edited it. No big deal, but after I posted it, I saw you apology and felt like an ***. If anyone saw it, I formally apologize for being a dick.

Dennis

Old 11-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by rickxx
Wow, you're right...ten bolts on the dog-bone on the bagger brace, but i only see one bolt connecting the stabilizer to the dogbone and the oil pan bracket...just like the other one...and isn't that the one that really counts?

Yeah and check out the difference on the stabilizer rod. The whole darn thing is of higher quality.

If you guys wanna put a cheap stabilizer on your $20,000.00 Bagger that screams "CheapSkate" Go for it!! Heh heh.. Be careful when showing it to your friends. I wouldn't want them to tease you in front of your buds.

There are a half a dozen or so of these on the market. Why you choose to compare one that isn't half as good to the Bagger Brace is beyond me.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:11 PM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamma742
Yeah and check out the difference on the stabilizer rod. The whole darn thing is of higher quality.

If you guys wanna put a cheap stabilizer on your $20,000.00 Bagger that screams "CheapSkate" Go for it!! Heh heh.. Be careful when showing it to your friends. I wouldn't want them to tease you in front of your buds.

There are a half a dozen or so of these on the market. Why you choose to compare one that isn't half as good to the Bagger Brace is beyond me.
nice. now we're buying stabilizers based on not getting teased in front of our buds. mine is bigger than yours so my bike must be better than yours. i don't have a stabilizer on my bike, so does that make me cheaper than the cheapskate?

Last edited by rickxx; 11-16-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior

Just try to point out the obvious.

On the stabilizers that is. LOL!

Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rickxx
nice. now we're buying stabilizers based on not getting teased in front of our buds. mine is bigger than yours so my bike must be better than yours. i don't have a stabilizer on my bike, so does that make me cheaper than the cheapskate?

I like your seat.. Is that a Mustang?

Old 11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gamma742
I like your seat.. Is that a Mustang?
yeah, it's one of those cheap mustangs.

i like your tourpak. i might try to put one like that on my bike....IF I DON'T SPEND A TON OF MONEY ON A STABILIZER

it's all good. i understand your point on the stabilizer. i just wonder how much stabilizer is enough? i haven't noticed any wobble issues on my bike but i'm sure if i push it hard enough, it'll be there.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Gamma742
Road Warrior

I felt it a little on mine as I use to own a Dyna and it nearly scared the crap out of me.

I have a Corbin seat that I'm unhappy with. I think I'm going to send it to Allen at Mean City Cycles for the Memory foam mod. He did a great job on my Dyna Sundowner seat.

My Eagle is used and came with the Corbin. I wish it was a Mustang.

These leather tourpacs are high maintenance. If I had a choice, I would have a hard trunk.

Quick Reply: Bagger Brace vs Throttle Up Touring Stabilizer