Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyway to make more room for 2up on RKC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Roadking Cal
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You also might think about looking into a "Tall Boy" seat from the MoCo....

Old 12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

Too bad you don't hvea an EGC. Then you could add a Geeorge anderson tour pack relocator. that gave is two more inches.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:33 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definately drill a new hole and tilt the backrest back a bit. Youll be surprised how much difference it can make by only moving the hole down slightly. Also the tall backrest tends to give more room by putting the pad higher therefore further back after you drill the new hole. Thats the tall backrest in my sig pic. The bracket has been drilled and the backrest tilted slightly back.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:23 PM
mile high king
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To those that used / drilled a new hole to tilt the backrest back, does that cause the detachable luggage rack to tilt backwards as well....in other words, would the back of the luggage rack be lower than the front?

Originally Posted by SG 1
I would definately drill a new hole and tilt the backrest back a bit. Youll be surprised how much difference it can make by only moving the hole down slightly. Also the tall backrest tends to give more room by putting the pad higher therefore further back after you drill the new hole. Thats the tall backrest in my sig pic. The bracket has been drilled and the backrest tilted slightly back.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The detachable tourpac on my RKC has two sets of holes which will move the pack
(and backrest) back about an inch or two. It would mean buying a pac and detachable hardware. This might give you enough room to be comfy and some more storage. It will cause you to loose weight in the wallet though.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:34 AM
gregorysfd
Tourer

This may not be an option for you but i had the same problem with my 2006 Ultra so i have a quick detachable tour pack. I bought the sissy bar and it sat my wife way to close to me and pushed me to far forward , even worse than the tour pack so i took it off and to a shop they i have worked for part time and cut and welded in a piece of round Stainless Steel rod on both sides (4 inches long) that moved her back far enough to give her room and me the room i needed. Works great and you can hardly tell we modified it. Some may want to have the whole thing re-chromed but looks great like it is. Also her legs were hitting the saddlebags because her legs are short and i cut and added a piece of square solid bar to raise up the passenger foot boards , painted them and they work great , for the first time she is happy when riding.

Last edited by gregorysfd; 12-09-2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: needed to add to my comments
Old 05-30-2009, 07:29 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,941 Likes on 1,925 Posts

Tom from http://harleygoodies.com/ here. This is an older thread, but if anyone else is having this issue floorboard extensions for rider and passenger will give both of you more room.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

Old 05-31-2009, 12:50 AM
bobernet
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The low backrest is probably not hitting her back, but her rear-end/thighs. Going to the standard height rest might allow her to sit back a little further. It would also give some more leverage to make bending the sissy bar easier, if that's what you decided to do.