Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger back rest for Crossbones

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger back rest for Crossbones

I took the wife out for a ride the other evening. She had a blast her only complaint was she couldnt lean back against the sissy bar, she said the back rest was at her lower back. I sat on the back of the bike to see what she was talking about. The backrest is on the lower back down by her butt. Is there a taller backrest that I could put on the sissy bar, that comes up to about mid back? I already have the detachable sissy bar and the passenger back rest, but I would like something taller. Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,658 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by travis dasher
I took the wife out for a ride the other evening. She had a blast her only complaint was she couldnt lean back against the sissy bar, she said the back rest was at her lower back. I sat on the back of the bike to see what she was talking about. The backrest is on the lower back down by her butt. Is there a taller backrest that I could put on the sissy bar, that comes up to about mid back? I already have the detachable sissy bar and the passenger back rest, but I would like something taller. Thanks
I don't know if Harley makes an accessory, but "back in the day" we used to wrap a Mexican blanket around the sissy bar and secure it with blousing bands. Gave the fille du jour a back rest and also provided a portable motel room if needed. Of course the comfort level expected by wives is exponentially higher than that expected by girlfriends.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had an AMF sissybar and backrest on the sportster and it was tall. I have a road king pad on the fatboy using a haulen *** backrest. If i was going to a tall sissy bar harley has one in black and one in chrome.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Attached Thumbnails Passenger back rest for Crossbones-dsc00687.jpg  
Old 02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I broke down last year and bought the wrinkke black side plates, sissybar and touring backrest. $300.00 but since I really don't like the look I can just pop it on when she rides. She said it made a huge difference not only her back but her crotch no longer needed to stradle the pillion which she said was also uncomfortabe because she could lean back. Women can be a pain but what can you do.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:05 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

Talking to the Parts guy at my local dealer yesterday he said that any of the tall backrests that are for Softails with the 200 rear tire will work. Thanks for the replies.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:31 PM
antfromnj
6th Gear

For anyone else dealing with this problem you can buy flat brackets really cheap at Home Depot or lowes that move the stock pad like 6 ot 8 inches higher up into the lumbar sweet spot. I just did it on my bike.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 PM
bc419
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antfromnj
For anyone else dealing with this problem you can buy flat brackets really cheap at Home Depot or lowes that move the stock pad like 6 ot 8 inches higher up into the lumbar sweet spot. I just did it on my bike.
Sounds like a good idea. Could you post pics of what you did?

Thanks,
Brian

Old 11-11-2013, 05:47 PM
fausto_r
Stage III

dear mr.travis . I am absolutely in love with youre bike (espicialy the rear end) I was hopping you could help out ? I have noticed u have a kustomwerks fender but when I go to there online site they have a few models for softail was hopping u could tell me what model you have exactly? also love the le pera seat and was wondering if u got the one that simply says (ex: fits 2008 softails) would help me a lot thank you very much