Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Pig Slip-Ons Info?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Elvis Nixon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wild Pig Slip-Ons Info?

I'll be taking delivery of a '09 Road King Classic shortly and I'm shopping for slip-ons. I've read that alot of people here have the Wild Pigs and are happy with them. I can't find any info on them in a google search as to who makes them? Do they have a website? where to buy them etc.

Also, do the Wild Pigs and most slip-ons in general require a remap/fueler on the '09 touring bikes? Any other brands to look at? I'm looking for a great sounding deep throaty exhaust and don't mind if it's loud (I have drag pipes on my current bike) I would actually like these new mufflers to be on the loud side as long as they don't sound tinny. I would also like to not have to add a high flow A/C and remap/fueler at this point although I will do it in the future. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Elvis Nixon
Tourer

Anybody?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are just adding the mufflers to your bike, you will be all set with doing nothing to the EFI.........it will adjust enough for the mufflers.

Wild-Pigs are made by New Era Exhaust in Daytona, FL. They are normally bought on Ebay as seconds, even though there is nothing wrong with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wild-...Q5fAccessories

That link is for the straight cut, just send them an email to check on the angle cuts.

I've installed many many sets for people, and they all love them..........and you can't beat the price.

Steve

Old 01-02-2009, 08:41 PM
moondog99
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maineultraclassic is correct. I love mine, I have 1.75 baffles and they have a great sound. For the price they can not be beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 AM
scasey
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moondog99
maineultraclassic is correct. I love mine, I have 1.75 baffles and they have a great sound. For the price they can not be beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they have a web site?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Avmech97
Road Master
Thumbs up Mufflers

There is a brand of mufflers called Rolling Thunder (not to be confused with Samsons Rolled Thunder). I have these on my RG and they are a pretty decent sounding muffler. The last time I looked they could be had new for about 220 bucks or so.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:04 AM
3itodd
Tourer

I had a set on my 06 street glide I liked them they sounded really good very throaty and deep!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:17 AM
bigjames19
Outstanding HDF Member

I had them on my 05 RKC and loved them, I took the wrap off the baffles and the slip ons sounded tinny. I would recomend going with the bigger baffle for an even deeper sound. I had bought mine at Millers custom parts in So. Daytona Fl. always have them in stock for around $200.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:20 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have them now on my glide.They sound good but are very load sence the 98" was done. Bought them off ebay foe less than 200 bucks.They have a webb site or used to anyway.You can google them under Wild Piggs not Wild Pigs.Hope this helps.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:03 AM
oljim49
Cruiser

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
If you are just adding the mufflers to your bike, you will be all set with doing nothing to the EFI.........it will adjust enough for the mufflers.

Wild-Pigs are made by New Era Exhaust in Daytona, FL. They are normally bought on Ebay as seconds, even though there is nothing wrong with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wild-...Q5fAccessories

That link is for the straight cut, just send them an email to check on the angle cuts.

I've installed many many sets for people, and they all love them..........and you can't beat the price.

Steve
+1 on everything Steve said.

Quick Reply: Wild Pig Slip-Ons Info?