Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   how many hours of labor did u get charged? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/307524-how-many-hours-of-labor-did-u-get-charged.html)

richnakol 01-13-2009 04:04 PM

wow, 98 per hour.....thats good money!

HDUltraRider 01-13-2009 04:24 PM

I have not done the 103 kit so can't coment on the hours however just be glade your not in NY/NY as I would give anything for $70 /hr labor rate the dealers here are getting $89 /hr.

jhaber01 01-13-2009 07:24 PM

I was quoted 14 hrs today for my 07 roadking, that doesn't include any dyno time. $2,000 plus tax and no mufflers for a stage II w/cams

clarkchriston 01-14-2009 12:31 PM

Yeah not hard to figure out which dealar your talking about in lil ol Fife, WA LOL. The parts guys in Fife are a cool bunch to deal with but not impressed with the dealership as a whole. I live in nearby Puyallup and must say that I can get to either of their two stores in about 15 minutes, but the family (Me, Wife, Fater-In law and brother In-law) all purchased our bikes at Northwest Harley easliy a 45 minute freeway drive. Awesome folks if your interested.

richnakol 01-14-2009 06:00 PM

well its 9 degrees today and my bike is done . they arent going to let me have it until they can make a test ride to check it out. i have to wait for that before i get the bill. i know the labor is going to be $595.50 just ready to get it back!

Jon H 01-14-2009 06:18 PM

Um . . .
Good info living in fed way/auburn, and am looking to buy in the future!

dog116929 01-14-2009 07:55 PM

sounds like I got a deal

When I first went to the dealer to talk about pricing I was asked to return the next day for a build list and install charge. I believe that everything is negotiable so I first asked for a discount on parts. I was able to get a 10% discount on parts and the install cost dropped from 11 hours to 8. This only sounds average until you hear what I had installed. Rinehart true duals, gear driven cams, new cylinders and pistons, dynotune with super pro race tuner.

Dalton 01-14-2009 09:25 PM

A quote of 10 hrs is about right for big bore and cams. For those getting new exhaust at the same time, there should be no labor charge, same for gear drive, no additional charge as you are already in there.

Piggy, I agree with your MMI statement and that most, but not all are just parts changers. And my06NT, no one said your build is junk, you did. I really get a kick out of those that get their panties in a wad over such a statement. My local dealer has a master tech, very good and a few good techs, but also some of the parts changers. It all depends on the dealer.

That being said, had two tires mounted and the HK replaced under warranty last year, they put the rear axle cam eccentric on upside down, the rear axle was cocked. When puting the outer fairing back on, they left wires hanging and pinched them. I really like the service managers, good guys and straight shooters but sometimes, you just dont know who will touch the bike and what the results will be. That is why I do all of my own work. If it wasn't for the radio warranty issue, the bike would not have been back to the dealer.

richnakol 01-15-2009 06:41 AM

good lesson there. always inspect your bike carefully when you get it back from anyone who has done some sort of repairs or upgrades.

richnakol 01-15-2009 06:29 PM

whats really good is they were going to charge me for my 1000 mile service. i said, dont you have to do all the same things when you install the 103 kit? they took that part off the ticket.