Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone change looks of turn signals on RKC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone change looks of turn signals on RKC?

Just wondering who here has changed the looks of either the front or rear turn signals on the Road King Classic? Pictures please? I really like the look of the Bullet rear turn signal bar kit on pg. 491 of the HD 2009 catalog, replacing the big, wide chrome stock directional bar. Of course you'd probabaly want to match the front with the rear & get bullet-style turn signals for the front. I have an '09 FLHRC BTW.

Now, a couple of questions...

1) In your opinion, does changing the look of the stock, larger round front turn signals take away from the Classic FLHRC front-end look? What I mean is is this too much of a change for such a historically classic H-D front end?

2) If you went with item # 69153-03 (Bullet style turn signal kit pg. 488 of '09 H-D catalog) would you still need item # 68615-04 (Bullet rear turn signal bar kit)? The first kit says that it attaches to the original equip turn signal mounting brackets, but the pic of the rear turn signal bracket on pg. 488 (top right pic) looks alot less wider than the stock directional bar?

Old 01-13-2009, 02:33 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

I debated on whether or not to do the bullets, I like their looks. But, in the end, I decided against them. IMO, they do take away from the RK classic look. I did go with smoked lens.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:37 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cloud09King
Just wondering who here has changed the looks of either the front or rear turn signals on the Road King Classic? Pictures please? I really like the look of the Bullet rear turn signal bar kit on pg. 491 of the HD 2009 catalog, replacing the big, wide chrome stock directional bar. Of course you'd probabaly want to match the front with the rear & get bullet-style turn signals for the front. I have an '09 FLHRC BTW.

Now, a couple of questions...

1) In your opinion, does changing the look of the stock, larger round front turn signals take away from the Classic FLHRC front-end look? What I mean is is this too much of a change for such a historically classic H-D front end?

2) If you went with item # 69153-03 (Bullet style turn signal kit pg. 488 of '09 H-D catalog) would you still need item # 68615-04 (Bullet rear turn signal bar kit)? The first kit says that it attaches to the original equip turn signal mounting brackets, but the pic of the rear turn signal bracket on pg. 488 (top right pic) looks alot less wider than the stock directional bar?
My idea of changing the turn signals is going to be to put visors on them to give them an even more retro look.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

A Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic is a Classic

Attached Thumbnails Anyone change looks of turn signals on RKC?-road-king-11-13-08-029.jpg   Anyone change looks of turn signals on RKC?-road-king-tail-lights-1-3-09-004.jpg  

Last edited by Yachtman; 01-13-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 01-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

[quote]A Classic is a Classic is a Classic[quote]

I have to agree, but MAN would this kit look great on my bike! These are the kits I'm talking about...

Old 01-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Doc14
Cruiser

Just get the kit then, or not, It would take away from the classic look, white walled, bad mochine you have. Why not just get some smoked lenses and maybe some nostalgic trim rings and call it a bad *** classic. (you should take your reflectors off your forks also)

Old 01-13-2009, 04:38 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Doc14
Just get the kit then, or not, It would take away from the classic look, white walled, bad mochine you have. Why not just get some smoked lenses and maybe some nostalgic trim rings and call it a bad *** classic. (you should take your reflectors off your forks also)
I'm looking at getting the visors instead of the trim rings. Not nearly as many people use them.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

(you should take your reflectors off your forks also)
Yup, definately. Thanks for the reminder...forgot all about 'em being there! Now where's that blowdryer, dental floss & goo gone? LOL!

Old 01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
HHI Dave
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed my rear turn signals...

Quick Reply: Anyone change looks of turn signals on RKC?