Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Review on Gerbing's Heated Clothing

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:47 PM
timbakersr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told that the Harley can power two complete Gerbing outfits with no problem they have a great alt. The 08's and up. Maybe even the earlier models too. Simple to install two battery harness on battery (one for each). She can then just unplug or spring for the controller. Personaly after having the dual controller I could not be without it. I find my self bumping it up and down as the temps change and you surely don't want the gloves the same as the liner and pants.... so imo you need it.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

I didn't want to invest a ton of money until I decided whether I liked heated gear so I bought gloves first.
So far, around 45 degrees is my limit.
I tried several different pairs of winter gloves including ski & snowboard models but nothing compares to the heated ones.
My legs now get cold first at the top of my chaps.
I guess pant liners will be next.

By the way, I went on www.heatedclothingoutlet.com & bought the Gerbing's textile heated gloves for $89.
They come with the wires & harness to attach to the battery.
They're waterproof too & the leather ones aren't.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:13 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Funnygirl
I didn't want to invest a ton of money until I decided whether I liked heated gear so I bought gloves first.
So far, around 45 degrees is my limit.
I tried several different pairs of winter gloves including ski & snowboard models but nothing compares to the heated ones.
My legs now get cold first at the top of my chaps.
I guess pant liners will be next.

By the way, I went on www.heatedclothingoutlet.com & bought the Gerbing's textile heated gloves for $89.
They come with the wires & harness to attach to the battery.
They're waterproof too & the leather ones aren't.
The Heated Clothing Outlet is a great place to save some money if they have what you need. In my case they did and I ordered a jacket liner for $89. When it arrived it was an older version without the dual wiring setup for the dual control. I gave Gerbing a call and for $25 including shipping they are going to add the dual wiring to my liner. Great customer service and products.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:40 AM
tmblweed
Road Captain

Been using my Gerbings for about 3 years now, amazing how warm you stay. Just be sure to use a thermostat cause it can get HOT.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:21 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 476 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by bnelele
I just bought a gerbing jacket liner and g-3 gloves this christmas. Love them to death. My question is this, I bought a dual controller and am wondering if I bought another jacket liner should I want to ride 2 up could I use the dual controller if I didn't pulg in the gloves and used that half of the controller for the passengers jacket? Has anyone done this? The dealer said no, but I feel they want to sell me another controller.
If you're runnine JUST your gloves, and the OL is using JUST the liner? yeah.. ok IF that's what you're doing. 2 liners? 2 pairs of gloves? no way

You can't warm 2 riders with one pig tail, or one controller.

first of all do the math, and you'll see how much you will over load that one circuit.

Secondly... if your wife is anything like any other woman I've ever met... she's want the thermostat set one way, and you will want it another way

Thankfully my wife rides her own, so she can set her controller where she wants.

I run the jacket liner, textile gloves, and Union Ridge pants, no problem with the RG. A buddy has the same set up, except he has the G3 gloves... he popped the fuse, because of the load, so he did the math, and went to a 15a fuse, I'm still running the stock 10a.

I switched out my Gerbings controller of a warm N safe solid state dual controller

edited to add:
http://cozywinters.com/heated-clothing/ for altenative lower priced gear and great solid state controller
http://www.grandprixmotorsports.com/default.asp 10-15-20% off Gerbing sale going on now, if the outlet doesn't have your size

Last edited by skootchnc; 01-22-2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: adding links