Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S vs Pitbull

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

One thing I have not seen mention is I had some work done by Fuel Moto. While up there J&S Jack is only five miles away so I stopped in and got my jack while Jamie was doing his thing with cams and a tune. It was in Dec last year so had the truck to haul everything home in. Free shipping and last Dec there was a small discount if you paid cash instead of a credit card. Mine was worked great and I have no leaks at all. That made the Pitt Bull much more expensive as I would of had to pay shipping on top of the higher cost.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a good video on the subject.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:35 PM
norwescoaster
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&S for me...

Had a Pit Bull and let it go when I sold my last ride. Bought a J&S when I got my current ride (FLHTCU) and it is considerably better than the Pit Bull in terms of functionality in all respects. The video in the previous post shows most of the areas of improved functionality but doesn't mention that the wider spacing of the cross bars that contact the lower frame clears the area under the three drain plugs on twin cams so you can remove plugs and drain fluids without making a huge mess. I also bought the optional drain pan with the J&S and it works well to funnel the draining oil into my catch pan. With the winter weather, I've left the bike on the stand and it's out of the way close to a wall in the garage. If I want to work on the bike I just roll it away from the wall on the stand. Can't find anything to complain about with the J&S...

Old 06-07-2013, 08:29 PM
chriscalabro
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Default no contest

Had a pitbull and sold it for a J&S. The pitbull is significantly bigger and was tough to push around when loaded. Dragged over any imperfections in the floor. The J&S is a far superior lift IMO. Easy to move loaded, great locking system, and a smaller footprint with the same stability. Highly recommended.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:56 AM
TC3
Novice

I just received my J&S and first impressions are it's high quality and performs well. I'm amazed I'm comfortable using it without tie downs. The removable t-handle makes moving it around very easy.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:35 PM
mskirwin
Club Member
Received 1,449 Likes on 1,085 Posts
Default Js

I have the j&s jack and it works great even on hills.

There is a video on YouTube that's shows the pitbull and the j&s jack in action.

Keep the chrome side up.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 PM
J.L.
Advanced

As of Friday June 7, 2013 Pitbull was on sale for the same price as J&S so price may not be a factor.
I have a table and am considering selling it and buying a jack as I find it a pain to put my bike on the table with out assistance. The table also takes much more floor space.

J.L.