Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hows your highway pegs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:12 AM
hdpearl70
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the Kury cruiser boards coming. I like the whole board concept and have used pegs for years but decided for something different. Try to get pics up when they come in

Old 02-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cap5369
+1 on the 360 and I have the Kuryakyn Switch Blade foot pegs. I can put my heel in the heel rest below the pegs. I also put it on the lift to make sure the bike was level, this way it makes adjusting easer.
Are you running the Kury Switchblades on the Ultra too? Reason I'm asking is I had them on my '07 SG with lowers, and even after I added the Longhorn offsets I couldn't find a good mounting position that was comfortable, the fairing lowers really limited the amount of movement/positioning,

I took them off the SG before I traded her in, and I'm planning on mounting them on the Ultra (but I'm not anticipating much more success...).

Got any close-up pix that you can share? FWIW, I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:25 PM
capt_caveman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I've got the HD 360 mounts also and matching Streemliners. I have them low so they are more like extended floorboards.
FYI: I have a 32" inseam

I have mine mounted in a similar position. Makes it nice to stretch the legs out.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:33 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

360's and love them, yes the lower fairling does limit it some, but I found the sweet spot for me... I'm 6'2" and rarely ride totally on the hwy pegs, I like my heel on the boards...

Attached Thumbnails hows your highway pegs?-dscn1310.jpg  
Old 02-14-2009, 05:38 PM
richnakol
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey texas fat boy! your way of mounting the 360 degree works as good as i have ever had. tried it today (couldnt ride unfortunatly) and i love the way it feels . cant wait to get on the road and give it a try. thank you for the time and the pics. Thank you to all that replied.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I like 'em where I have 'em. Only problem is right side is a little close to the brake pedal.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's mine!

Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL...... took me over 2 weeks to adjust mine.. Carried the Allen wrench and Socket set until I was happy

Attached Thumbnails hows your highway pegs?-2007-wduals-1-.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 10:24 AM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by richnakol
those are some great pics. I have the 360 hd mounts also. are you supposed to tighten them up so they dont move or..leave the bolt loose enough that it will swivel and the pressure of your foot puts them in a locked position or say a "bind" i would think if they were loose they would always be torwards the street and youd have to try to adjust them while driving. that wouldnt work out very well.
Tight - experiment to find the best position for you and tighten everything down.

I don't have pics of mine but I like them set so I can still have my heel on the floorboards most of the time - very comfortable. However, I can just hook my heel on the pegs if I really want to stretch out. Have to be careful to not have them so close that they interfere with your brake.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:18 PM
justkiding
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd never would have thought to keep my heel on the boards until I read it here. Out to the garage I go.

Quick Reply: hows your highway pegs?