Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

always remember you can pick the day you ride BUT not the weather! ride fast and the water just slides rite off the glasses!!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by blueflht
always remember you can pick the day you ride BUT not the weather! ride fast and the water just slides rite off the glasses!!!!
I wear prescription glasses and if the water gets down behind the glasses then it is a real pain in the butt ! No matter how fast you ride it's not blowing off when it gets behind them. The shield on this helmet should prevent that from happening, I hope !!!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Peppa1
I wear prescription glasses and if the water gets down behind the glasses then it is a real pain in the butt ! No matter how fast you ride it's not blowing off when it gets behind them. The shield on this helmet should prevent that from happening, I hope !!!
Tell us how they work out.
I'd like to know before I throw more money into the wind.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:41 AM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a friend thats blind as a bat without his specs. we found some old style aviator goggles with vents and now he rides in all weather without any issues

Old 02-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Willy G.
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of these.

It works well to block wind with the stock screen. I took off the visor. Not sure about rain.
I also have a Arai Quantun II full face which is very comfortable.
Nothing will stop the rain.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:29 AM
tubby220
Road Master

We don't have any choice about helmets over here.They're compulsory unless you're a sikh and wearing a turban!It's a real bummer because most filling stations make you remove them before turning on the pumps so the cctv can see your face unless you're wearing a burka! I wear glasses and an open face lid don't get much of a problem with rain, but more with misting up!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:50 AM
jokerx
Banned

Originally Posted by wbeem
Well, your assumptions are incorrect. I don't have a problem with fogging. The wind noise gets muffled, but I have very great sound from the engine and vehicles nearby. The heat is uncomfortable when I stop at a traffic light here in Florida, but it's fine while I'm moving and the breeze flows through the vents.

It sounds to me as though your experience is either with VERY old full face helmets from the 70's, or non-existent. As for the connection, let's hope you never truly connect your head with something a helmet could've blocked (sand, sunburn, bugs, rocks, rain, birds, asphalt, concrete, etc.).
It was tongue in cheek chief, I don't give a rat's *** what you wear...I was just countering your post.

My experience is with an Arai full face helmet and yes...they still fog and apparently you haven't ridden in weather cold enough to cause it...at 20 degrees and below, they definitely fog and you do have to crack the visor to get rid of the fogging.

Talkin about assumptions, you're assuming I don't wear a helmet...as I stated before it was joke, lighten up

Old 02-20-2009, 10:08 AM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by jokerx
It was tongue in cheek chief, I don't give a rat's *** what you wear...I was just countering your post.

My experience is with an Arai full face helmet and yes...they still fog and apparently you haven't ridden in weather cold enough to cause it...at 20 degrees and below, they definitely fog and you do have to crack the visor to get rid of the fogging.

Talkin about assumptions, you're assuming I don't wear a helmet...as I stated before it was joke, lighten up

I guess your joke fell flat on its ***.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:20 PM
jokerx
Banned

Originally Posted by wbeem
I guess your joke fell flat on its ***.
Nah, you're just a little uptight about helmets.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 PM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by jokerx
Nah, you're just a little uptight about helmets.
Having seen some skulls cracked open on the road, I suspect I have good reason. Say all you want about freedom, connecting with the world, blah blah blah. Dead is dead.

Quick Reply: New Helmet