Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile New Helmet

I just ordered this new helmet in hopes that it would keep the rain from getting behind the shield and onto my glasses. The shield mounts under the lip of the helmet and is detachable. Kinda neat set up and it does keep the water out.

Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 AM
wbeem
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just use an Arai full face to keep the water off my glasses. Also works for bugs, sand, and asphalt.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

I usually don't like to wear any helmet but in the rain I need something to keep the rain off my glasses and this seems to work well.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
wbeem
Tourer

I don't see how some of you guys do it out there with no helmet. Stuff hitting your face, lots of wind noise, no protection from the cold. I love my Arai helmets. It's like a wrap-around pillow.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:41 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure how anything short of a full face will work in the rain. Seems like the rain will just come in from the sides. I wear a Shoei X-11 full face when it's raining or cold.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:47 PM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My friend went down last sunday going 15-20 mph, crossing a wet wooden bridge. I was right behind him He landed on his head first. I feel that he would be dead if not for his helmet. It happened to be a full Shoie (Shoie?) The chin bar was really wacked too. I wear a helmet.
btw, that shield looks good. I wonder how much splash comes from below, though, like the wind buffeting.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:19 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

Heading to Daytona next Friday and there is a chance of precipitation so I can give it a test then and let you know for sure !!!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, so what is the name and model of this helmet? I need a sheild to cover my scripts.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:04 AM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by Peppa1
Heading to Daytona next Friday and there is a chance of precipitation so I can give it a test then and let you know for sure !!!
Oh, there's always a chance of precipitation around here. It'll either be nice or the sky will open up completely, but there's a chance either way.

However, I'm guessing it'll be mostly nice, dry and sunny. We have a line of thunderstorms coming through today with a cold front, and another one due on Sunday. We haven't really had anything hang around. It's mostly just stuff moving through lately.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flying Horse
OK, so what is the name and model of this helmet? I need a sheild to cover my scripts.
It is the Caliber or Rodia (same company I think) EX Polo helmet. I got mine from Iron Horse Helmets in Alabama. Here's the link. It comes with smoked shield and you can get a clear one for $15.
http://ironhorsehelmets.com/EX_Flat_...cle_Helmet.htm

Quick Reply: New Helmet