Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat management for Touring bikes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 606 Likes on 328 Posts

I am sure if you give us a try you will be very happy with our stuff,if you are not return it and I will pay the shipping.
The products are all hand made and quality that you just do not see any more.
Thank you for giving us a chance
Isabel & Larry

Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tda69
I never cease to be amazed at how a simple post can turn in to sh*t throwing fight. It's unreal! So many people...so many opinions, just chomping at the bit to let everyone in the world know how you feel. Seriously rather than arguing over $70.00 heat shields, some of you guys should save it for your therapists. If you're not already seeing one, with the $70.00 you saved, perhaps you should get one.

This is one of the reasons why I visit the site less frequently than in the past. I got tired of reading rude, inconsiderate comments like some of those posted in this thread. I find it's sometimes better to just keep my thoughts to myself because it's not worth debating someone who throws hand grenades, then hides behind a computer. Having said that, you now know how I feel about the subject.

To the OP: Looks like a good product at a reasonable price. I'm sure you will sell to many of the people on this forum.
+1 to this...

On another note, Captain Itch...something I have been thinking about and would be willing to pay for (although not for a while as I'll be gone soon for 6 months)...

My stock seat and my touring seat for my 09 SG (both Harley seats for now) have begun to rub the paint on my fender. I would like a leather panel to go under the seat...and remain on the bike when the seat is removed or I decide to put on a solo. Something with some tooling in it would be cool so it looks nice. Maybe a Willie G Skull tooled into the leather???

Old 03-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never cease to be amazed at how a simple post can turn in to sh*t throwing fight. It's unreal! So many people...so many opinions, just chomping at the bit to let everyone in the world know how you feel. Seriously rather than arguing over $70.00 heat shields, some of you guys should save it for your therapists. If you're not already seeing one, with the $70.00 you saved, perhaps you should get one.

This is one of the reasons why I visit the site less frequently than in the past. I got tired of reading rude, inconsiderate comments like some of those posted in this thread. I find it's sometimes better to just keep my thoughts to myself because it's not worth debating someone who throws hand grenades, then hides behind a computer. Having said that, you now know how I feel about the subject.

To the OP: Looks like a good product at a reasonable price. I'm sure you will sell to many of the people on this forum.
+1 on this!.
If there is a negative or a problem maybe suggesting improvements rather than whinning about costs would be more appropriate. One needs to also understand that owning a business and providing a product or service requires overhead! This is included in the cost of business, advertising, tax ID/retail tax license, registration...the list goes on. It is more than selling a piece of leather.
Now lets mention R&D. I am sure OP has spent a significant amount of time changing, recontouriong and doing other changes to get to what he feels is best design that work for YOU so that you get VALUE.Not to mention the tools and raw goods neede to craft this item.
And how the F&^%$ can you go wrong if a money back guarantee is offered???
I will always support the small businesses and tradesmen. If your going to bitch about the cost of an item that is being crafted.. you are a whinner!
Opinion are like ***&^%$s. Everyone has one! Nobility is knowing the time and place and how to express yours in an appropriate or nonjudgmental way.
I am new to this forum and this just hit a spot. Sorry but there it is..

Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Larry...Trust Me...you will be Supported...it's the winter talking and the guys not getting enough ride time! Was this way last year too! Just remember...if ya put out a good product...your name will get out there...that simple! Your competition Zoood puts out and excellant product too...so ya got alittle catching up to do! Word of Mouth around here speaks volumes!

Welcome and thanks for sponsoring! Mike

Old 03-17-2009, 04:40 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by hd0wner
Not here to knock your business but can get Harley parts for 58 bucks to do the same thing that actually look good.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Looked up the heat shield you're talking about. It says for 09 and later toruing models, and the cost was $75, so I guess you're paying for the little Harley crest embossed on it. Plus, I hear they are a PITA to get on. I think Capt. Itch came up with a good alternative that has options. More power to the small businessman!

Old 03-17-2009, 06:01 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DamifIknow
70 bucks for a piece of leather? no thanks..

Originally Posted by hd0wner
Not here to knock your business but can get Harley parts for 58 bucks to do the same thing that actually look good.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Sure am glad nobody is knocking anything, especially when we can get such attractive plastic for $75 ($58 to special folks I guess) instead of hand-made leather for $70.

Last edited by RangeRat; 03-17-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:49 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do we even wave at one another when we are on the road? When on the forum we seem to have some kind of a smart remark from time to time.

When I wave to another biker, I mean it. I am wishing him well and a safe ride. Also, thought owning a Harley we all have some kind of connection. That's what I was told.

Safe Riding..

Last edited by hyperfocal; 03-17-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:02 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member

You're right. I think that a forum sponsor who hand-makes each of his products should be treated with a bit more respect.

Last edited by RangeRat; 03-18-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM
RexBuck
Road Master

+1
If you don't like the price of a product, don't buy it and move on with your life - nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Last edited by RexBuck; 03-17-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Agent Orange
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank goodness I have a stock 2007....no heat issues..

Quick Reply: Heat management for Touring bikes.