Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC White Walls

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:43 PM
SteveUltra
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the way wide white walls look, but I hate cleaning them. This Roadking was a classic when I bought it but I got tired of cleaning the White walls and didn't like the way the leather bags were holding up.

Attached Thumbnails RKC White Walls-my-peep-s-050.jpg  
Old 04-12-2009, 10:10 PM
MarkThomas
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine will always be sporting whiteys! They are the whole reason I went with this model...that and the fender skirt, leather hardside bags, and other amenities just scream 50s...so cool (and I was born in the 70s).

Old 04-12-2009, 10:33 PM
jmcollison
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All these comments about hating to clean your baby? I'm not fond of wiping my a$$ after I take a dump, but it's something I've done as long as I can remember!

Now, that having been said, I don't polish my bike every time I ride it and you will NEVER see an ad for one of my scoots for sale that says "never been ridden in the rain". I RIDE, therefore, I clean! That means a lot of wiping, and attention to the spokes AND the whitewalls.

Only my opinion, but I would sincerely hope that someone would choose a tire and wheel based on liking the way they look and perform not on the basis of the time it may take to clean them.

Then there's always the rat bike...oh well...I'm ranting...

Old 04-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadking1893
..... Did you stick with the white walls or did you get standard black wall tires? If so, care to share what they look like. Just trying to get another view how the RKC look without the white walls.
The RKC looks soooo much better with WWs. I was stupid and went with just black on my last set, but I'm going back to WWs as soon as I wear this rear out.

Old 04-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Leonidas
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Love my WW, wouldn't change em for anything

Old 04-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dh2683
Always Loved a RKC with whitewalls. I just think they go together.
AMEN! I love the WWW's. My bike will be going to the wide whites as soon as these tires wear out.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:04 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Hate to pile on, but fatty whites over spokes make the Road King Classic. It's by far the best looking bike in the lineup. I went with an UC for long range touring this time 'round, but for looks, the RKC can't be beat. I don't mind cleaning my bike and making it look new again, it's part of the fun. Sorry if that's not hardcore enough for some people.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:21 AM
DaltonHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SteveUltra
I love the way wide white walls look, but I hate cleaning them. This Roadking was a classic when I bought it but I got tired of cleaning the White walls and didn't like the way the leather bags were holding up.
+1 Love the look, hate the cleaning..Same with the leather bags.
Have a set of hard bags at the painter now...

Old 04-13-2009, 06:46 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,222 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Right now I'm running a wide white front and a black rear. Next tire change I'm going all black. Maybe I'll go with all wide whites the next time. I wouldn't worry too much about what you decide to go with. Tires don't last very long anyway.

I don't like cleaning white walls but Comet does an incredible job.

The Road King classic is the best looking bike Harley ever put out. No doubt about it.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:32 AM
heavy K
Cruiser

Wide white walls is the only way to go on the classic in my opinion. I changed my brake pads to lyndall pads and the white walls dont get near as dirty now. nothing like the look of that bright white and shiny chrome.

Quick Reply: RKC White Walls