Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doctor Mecanico Multi Purpose Cleaner....Any Luck???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by dgriffith
Every time I use it, it works good. I just put 1 cup full in a gallon of water in a pump up sprayer and spray the bike After I wet it down with a hose. Don't let the solution dry or it will streak. I use it all the time at least twice a week and the only time I had problems is when I just sprayed it on the bike without wetting the bike first, and mixing it too strong. Or a hot bike in the sun, where it dries out, no good. I bought 10 gallons of it to give to my friends here in Indiana. I was the guy that mentioned it on the forum weeks ago. The folks in Puerto Rico use it on multi-million dollar boats and the love it.. Dan
This is the first I've heard about wetting the bike first. I also heard 50/50 mix, 1 cup per gallon, 1 capful per gallon , leave it on for 10 minutes, don't leave it on too long. Too many variables & no specific instructions from the maker. They can keep in in Puerto Rico & clean all the boats they want. Bikes & cars are a lot different then boats!
BTW, it does nothing to break dust. Wonder if it works on boat brakes

Last edited by golfblues; 05-08-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:31 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm setting here reading the back panel on the gallon I have, correction 6 gallons, they all say to dilute 1/4 cup in a gallon of water. Above the writing is pictures of a car,bike,truck,boat,kitchen and grills. As I stated, I use it at least twice a week in Puerto Rico on my ultra and it works, period. I wet the bike down when it's cold. spray with the solution from front to back, under the fenders, then hose it down. A blow dryer gets some of the water off, but most of the time I just ride it down the street and wipe off the excess drips.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:39 PM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's gotta be POS. If it sounds too good to be true then you know the rest of the story.

Someone on this board was pimping this stuff 6-8 weeks ago...If it were that dang good it would be on the auto store shelves.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not only has it been getting many horrible reviews but the orginal deal they were offering only lasted about 3 days before they raised the price. I wouldn't trust them at all.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:45 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

I believe I was one of the first here to try it and I was impressed. Now granted, my scoot is never "filthy", but I am **** about keeping her clean. I use 8oz. to a gallon, in a sprayer, soak bike good and let sit for about 5 minutes, heavy rinse, micro-cloth dry or blow dry then micro drips. The bike looks newly waxed. It WILL NOT work on heavy road grime or brake dust without scrubbing, but the bugs and average road dirt melts away. It will leave a film if left to air dry, that's the carnuba in it I believe. All in all, I think it puts S100 to shame when used correctly.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:51 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
I believe I was one of the first here to try it and I was impressed. Now granted, my scoot is never "filthy", but I am **** about keeping her clean. I use 8oz. to a gallon, in a sprayer, soak bike good and let sit for about 5 minutes, heavy rinse, micro-cloth dry or blow dry then micro drips. The bike looks newly waxed. It WILL NOT work on heavy road grime or brake dust without scrubbing, but the bugs and average road dirt melts away. It will leave a film if left to air dry, that's the carnuba in it I believe. All in all, I think it puts S100 to shame when used correctly.
That's the way it works for me.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:39 AM
spence222
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ezriderpgh
You must have different bugs where your at......this crap doesn't melt these Northern Michigan bugs at all!!

Old 05-09-2009, 07:15 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

Now if you have a lot of dried on bugs, just use Hydrogen Peroxide ? Wet it down and it will disolve them. It won't hurt anything. I use it every day for mouthwash. Can't be too bad....................

Old 05-09-2009, 08:14 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by spence222
You must have different bugs where your at......this crap doesn't melt these Northern Michigan bugs at all!!

It can't even melt snow

I think the guys that like it wash their bikes 3-4 times a week. It's pretty easy to clean a clean bike

Old 05-09-2009, 11:10 AM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by golfblues
It can't even melt snow

I think the guys that like it wash their bikes 3-4 times a week. It's pretty easy to clean a clean bike
You're right about that, it is easy to clean a clean bike. Like I said, I don't let mine get filthy....just the average road dirt, dust and bugs. But once it's clean it tends to stay that way longer and next bath it pretty easy. The stuff wont take off your wax either, that's a +. Seems like 50% have good luck with it and 50% not so good, strange indeed.

Quick Reply: Doctor Mecanico Multi Purpose Cleaner....Any Luck???