Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P.O.S Tour Pak Lid Organizer

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 AM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P.O.S Tour Pak Lid Organizer

I cant get the friggin' thing to stay on. I cleaned the lid with alcohol meticulously before sticking it to the lid. It lasted about a month before it fell off, now it wont stay up.

I bought some industrial velcro maybe that will keep it up there. Its really handy to keep stuff in if you can keep it in place. Before everybody tells me I've got it overloaded, here's what I carry in it.

Cell Phone
Owners manual
Registration and insurance
Tire gauge
Sunscreen, chapstick, visine
Wallet, keys
Spare riding glasses
Micro fiber towel

Surely it ought to be able to carry this load without falling down. Anybody else have any trouble with these things, or tips on how to make it stay installed?

Old 06-27-2009, 11:46 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 702 Likes on 349 Posts

Mines not gonna fall off, I drilled holes in the back and ran my tourpak rack bolts through it.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 AM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
Mines not gonna fall off, I drilled holes in the back and ran my tourpak rack bolts through it.
You know I thought about that too, that maybe the way to go

Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did the same thing, mines not going anywhere.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:03 PM
harleyrobert4
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two sided permanent tape

I have posted this before, but the cure is, go to lowes or home depot, get some permanent outdoor two sided tape. Once you cleaned your tour pack with alcohol, use the tape (I think it's made by 3M). Let it cure 24 hrs before putting things in it. I did my saddle bag holders several years ago and it's still holding strong. Good luck.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:05 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Get you a tube of Goop and glue it on. It won't come off again unless you want it off.

http://www.eclecticproducts.com/ag_adhesives.htm

Old 06-27-2009, 12:11 PM
soon to be
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyrobert4
I have posted this before, but the cure is, go to lowes or home depot, get some permanent outdoor two sided tape. Once you cleaned your tour pack with alcohol, use the tape (I think it's made by 3M). Let it cure 24 hrs before putting things in it. I did my saddle bag holders several years ago and it's still holding strong. Good luck.
It's called 3M VHB (very high bond) double sided tape....this is what holds car molding and lots of other "must stay in place" items.

you must clean the area with alcohol, and let it cure (as robert said) for 24 hours. this is pressure sensitive tape so to make it even better...I stuffed 3 bed pillows in my tour pack and closed the lid to add pressure to the tape as it cures in place.

Last edited by soon to be; 06-27-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm going this route the next time the dadgum thing falls down, but for now my latest fix (now in place for over a year) has held. I bought some double-stick tape made for auto trim, 3M IIRC, and it is holding well so far.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by okieblue62
I cant get the friggin' thing to stay on. I cleaned the lid with alcohol meticulously before sticking it to the lid. It lasted about a month before it fell off, now it wont stay up.

I bought some industrial velcro maybe that will keep it up there. Its really handy to keep stuff in if you can keep it in place. Before everybody tells me I've got it overloaded, here's what I carry in it.

Cell Phone
Owners manual
Registration and insurance
Tire gauge
Sunscreen, chapstick, visine
Wallet, keys
Spare riding glasses
Micro fiber towel

Surely it ought to be able to carry this load without falling down. Anybody else have any trouble with these things, or tips on how to make it stay installed?
Had the same problem on my saddlebag organizers. Used JB Weld (yes, JB Weld) to attach it to the lids and, voila, end of problem.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:25 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

After my saddle bag lid organizers fell off, I cleaned the lid and organizers with lighter fluid and then alcohol. Then I used Industrial Strength Velcro to reattach it. I haven't had any more problems.

Quick Reply: P.O.S Tour Pak Lid Organizer