Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn little critters

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM
etstrine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Damn little critters

So I'm riding the interstate on my way in to work this morning, minding my own business, when I feel a sharp sting on my clutch side wrist. It was right between my inner wrist area and my ventilated jacket sleeve. At first I thought it was a pebble that was thrown from a car in front of me. The pain just seemed to get sharper. I looked under my cuff and saw a yellow jacket had lodged between my jacket cuff and my wrist. That little mother was just pumping the venom in to me. I started shaking my arm in a downward motion trying to dislodge my new buddy, all while doing 70MPH on the interstate with a car to my right and one in front and behind me. All of these drivers must have thought I was crazy. I managed to make it over to the right lane and pull on to the shoulder. I did remember to shut off the motor and put down my kick stand before I jumped off the bike, whipped off my jacket and started to throw it around. My wrist is still a little sore but no harm, no foul. I just thought everyone might enjoy a laugh. Have a great day!

Old 07-07-2009, 12:42 PM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for a good laugh..I am trying to picture you on the side of the road...
I am sure you gave alot of cagers a good show

Old 07-07-2009, 12:44 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did anybody stop for you or did all the RUBS and POSERS just drive by?

Sorry, I couldn't resisit.....

Old 07-07-2009, 12:50 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Yeah my brother in law got a yellow jacket lodged between his goggles and his visor on his helmet. By the time he stopped he got stung 6 times. Luckily for him he just looked like he had 6 huge pimples on his forehead. Being alergic to bees (well at least their stingers) I cary my epi pen with me in my bags. So far so good.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Cajun King
Road Master

Originally Posted by petemac
Did anybody stop for you or did all the RUBS and POSERS just drive by?

Sorry, I couldn't resisit.....

Hey man...I might not have stopped after seeing you do that dance on the side of the road. J/K, I've been there doing that same kind of dance getting one out of my shirt.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:58 PM
ivel_86
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had that same thing happen. Never really stopped the bike. I had one hit me in the face and get lodged between my face and helmet. That sucked and the lil bastard stung my hand when I pulled it out. So I feel for ya hope you feel better soon

Old 07-07-2009, 01:03 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Brings back the memory I have of riding with a buddy from Ft. Stockton back to Houston, and he started slapping his helmet and beating on the top of his head, then swerved over to the side of the road where he jumped off his bike and ripped off his helmet -- all because he [ready for this?] got a bee in his bonnet!!! Well, almost -- it was a wasp that flew into the little vent in the front of his helmet and was repeatedly stinging him on the top of the head. It was good for a laugh then -- and later, as he shaves his head and had about 1/2 dozen little bumps on his scalp in that one little area.... Only later did he laugh about it......

Old 07-07-2009, 01:05 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happens to me two or three times every year.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:16 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Similar experience, I'll try to keep it short. Saw a guy in front of me toss a cigarette out the window and WHAP!, right in my neck just above my t-shirt. Oh, it burned! I started going after the guy, then all of a sudden, burning just inside my shirt. Holy crap, it's lit and in my shirt. I started pounding it and trying to get off the road, it just kept going further down and burning me every time it touched me. 6 spots from my neck to almost my waist. When I got off the road I pullled up my shirt to let it fall out, there it was, no cigarette, a HUGE bumblebee, pissed off and on my seat. Must have been perfect timing, I saw the cigarette, then got slapped by the bee. Later it was funny after the swelling went away. That was in my crazier days, I guess I would have felt bad if I chased the guy down and punished him for the bee's deeds.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:19 PM
troy.j
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was riding with my Dad in Arizona. Back then I was on a Honda Shadow and my Dad was on a FLH. Anyway, I am following him up by the river out of Mesa when he swerved and slapped the hell out of his leg just below the knee. About half a mile latter he swerves again and is beating the heck out of his leg on the inner thigh just above the knee. He slows and starts to pull to the side of the road then just lost it and put the bike over in the ditch. Wondering what happened I stopped and jumped off my bike just as he is getting up and pulling his overalls off and throwing them on the ground.
He got a wasp up his pant leg and it worked its way all the way up to his right nut. I felt bad for him and all, but couldn’t stop laughing. What makes this all the more tragic is that he lost his left nut in Nam. I gave him a rash about trying to get the one to swell up enough to make up for the missing one.
The bike? Just a slow speed lay down on the running board with no damage worth talking about.

Quick Reply: Damn little critters