Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which is the louder pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Gordon65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
Nothing, other than 'sound'. Most go with different mufflers because they don't like the stock sound. It's the quickest and most inexpensive way to change the sound on a stock bike.

been intrigued with these:

Screamin' EagleŽ FatShotz 2-Into-2 Slip-On Muffler

Provide a performance and style boost to your 2-into-2 exhaust-equipped Touring motorcycle. Designed for easy installation on the Original Equipment header pipes and muffler hangers, these mirror-chrome flared mufflers are tuned to maximize air flow while keeping the rich exhaust note within the legal limits. EPA stamped, these mufflers are 50-state street-legal on stock displacement engines.

80847-10

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits 50-state '09-later Touring and Trike models with dual exhaust (except FLHTCUSE, FLTRSE, FLHXSE and '10 FLHX and FLTRX). Installation requires separate purchase of Muffler Clamps P/N 65296-95A (Qty. 2).

Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon65
been intrigued with these:

Screamin' EagleŽ FatShotz 2-Into-2 Slip-On Muffler

Provide a performance and style boost to your 2-into-2 exhaust-equipped Touring motorcycle. Designed for easy installation on the Original Equipment header pipes and muffler hangers, these mirror-chrome flared mufflers are tuned to maximize air flow while keeping the rich exhaust note within the legal limits. EPA stamped, these mufflers are 50-state street-legal on stock displacement engines.

80847-10

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits 50-state '09-later Touring and Trike models with dual exhaust (except FLHTCUSE, FLTRSE, FLHXSE and '10 FLHX and FLTRX). Installation requires separate purchase of Muffler Clamps P/N 65296-95A (Qty. 2).
Looks interesting ...

From your description on what it is you're looking for, you might want to consider the SuperTrapp SuperMegs. They come with 'discs' that allow you to tune the sound/performance to your liking.

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_se...at.asp?CatID=7

Old 08-04-2009, 01:40 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, these are the ones I was thinking of: FAT SHOT SLIP-ONS:H-D FLH/FLT'95-09,CHRM Model#728-71576

Old 08-04-2009, 05:56 PM
papa_freeman
Tourer

[quote=Gordon65;5374032]
Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner

Thank you for the reply!

i will try and find some to listen to, but will probably go with Screaming Eagles then. I want to place a fuelmoto order soon, and was thinking of going with their package.

I don't want a pipe much louder (or any louder) than stock, so if the jackpots are louder than the monster ovals, i don't want them.
I thought you were going the other way, looking for the louder pipes---

I just rode an 2009 Ultra and a 2009 Street Glide--- the Ultra had Screaming Eagle slip-ons

So did the Street Glide, but it had a SERT download and A/C--- neither was loud enough for me--- the Ultra barely louder than my stock RKC-- the Street Glide seemed a bit louder than the Ultra, but not much

FWIW

Old 08-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon65
monster ovals, or the jackpot dyno tuned ones.....

thanks!!!!!!!
I had both on my 09 Ultra. I'd say they are about the same volume overall but the MO's are a much deeper tone. Also the Jackpots get louder when you load-em up and the MO's not as much.

I'm very happy with the MO's but if you want LOUD, they probably arn't the best choice.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Gordon65
Tourer

don't want loud. just something for a stage 1. and cheap

just got back with the FatShotz. they come with discs, just like the supertrapps. $369 (i get 20% off from the dealer for buying the bike there).

gonna feed the kids some pizza, then go put them on.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:49 PM
plankster
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did you install the fatshotz?

What is the verdict? How do they sound? I am thinking about buying a set for my 2009 FLHTC. I do not want LOUD I want deep and slightly louder than stock. I tried the Crushers and they are quite a bit louder than stock but very deep tone. Not good for a long trip!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:59 PM
08HD
Road Captain

Slip ons with the stock headers and air cleaner will still leave you restricted but you will have minimal gain and better sound. This is economical and will scratch the itch, but you will only be getting a fraction of what is there until you change the breather, add tuner and go with True Duals. Fuelmoto will give you slip ons, breather, and tuner with map download plug and play for a good price. This was my first performance mod and I was satisfied with it.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Gordon65
Tourer

Originally Posted by plankster
What is the verdict? How do they sound? I am thinking about buying a set for my 2009 FLHTC. I do not want LOUD I want deep and slightly louder than stock. I tried the Crushers and they are quite a bit louder than stock but very deep tone. Not good for a long trip!

extremely deep!! man, they rumble like thunder. they are louder than I expected, being 50 state legal and all. I was quite suprised at the increase in volume over stock. I just keep the volume on the tunes up a notch or two from what i was used to.

they come with ten discs in each pipe, I took out 4 on each side to quiet them down a bit. Lost a bit of the deep rumble, and a bit of the volume.

I am happy with them, particularily for $360.

I got a stage 1 air cleaner and a PC V on the way.....

Old 08-06-2009, 06:15 AM
plankster
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Sounds cool that they are adjustable. Ride safe!

Quick Reply: which is the louder pipe?