Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 FLHX Stock seat help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnemhrd
On the last pic you can see your tab has bent causing the dent. Show the service rep at the dealer and show them how the faulty seat caused the fender dent. I dropped my bike off today to get a new fender and seat under warranty because of the exact same thing.The seat pan flexxes causing the tab to lift and bend denting the fender. You can see the seat is also lifted off the fender by the bent tab. Also the paint has cracked and lifted around the hole which is a warrany issue also I believe. I'm going to bring your pics to the dealer to show him I'm not the only person with this problem and maybe he will forward it to the moco so they can see they have a problem. Good luck!!
Get rid of the stock seat (after the dealer fixes everything) for something that's more comfortable and you will kill two birds with one stone.....

Old 08-13-2009, 06:36 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turns out the plastic seat pan @ the tab is where the crack is. Causing the extra flex and the dent. The dealer is going to warranty it. They need to get approval from HArley on the fender but I already let them know I am not accepting no as an answer. I will most likelt get a solo seat soon so I need the fender to be dent/scratch free.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Dealer ordered me a new fender and seat!

Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Neal Smith
Cruiser
Default Streetglide problem

I have a 2009 Streetglide I have had three seats replaced and three fenders replaced. Harley Davidson had my dealer add two bolts under the seat with spacers stating that it does not have saddlebag guards on it so the seat has nothing to hit against if you noticed the two dimples under the cheap plastic seat pan that is what Harley wants the bolts to hit against. I have been on the phone with customer service many times no answer yet. Still we just keep changing parts instead of addressing the problem. I am not a Harley mechanic but have built a few bikes and worked on plenty this is a design flaw it seems to me that the seat is compressing because of the cheap seat pan and the one 1/4 in. bolt in the fender to to hold the seat on. Please let me know what you find out because I don't know what else to do my bike is only two months old and I am starting to dislike it.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike5959
Dealer ordered me a new fender and seat!
That is good news! Now put on the solo seat. First thing I did when I got my Street Glide :-)

Old 08-20-2009, 07:24 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Johan96
That is good news! Now put on the solo seat. First thing I did when I got my Street Glide :-)

Got pics?

Old 08-29-2009, 07:45 PM
jendukes77
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same exact problem! i thought i was on my own with this and i have a 09 streetglide..now im gonna march into my selling dealer and get it fixed...any advice on what should i have them check?

Old 09-08-2009, 07:29 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I have the same issue.

Went to the dealer today. They said they don't know what they're going to do. It's a "class b" cosmetic issue according to the service guy, whatever the heck that means. He said he'd call HD and find out what they'll do for me.

My buddy with a '09 Street Glide has the same problem. Both bikes less than 1000 miles.

The

Old 09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It looks like I have the same issue and it appears the seat is flexing enough to put some serious rubbing action on the rear fender and the tank ruining what was a flawless paint job. How hard is it going to be to get Harley to fix this? My bike is less than a year old and only has 5300 miles on it.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 PM
plumcrazeman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a problem only with the 09 SG.What about 2010 models?

Quick Reply: 2009 FLHX Stock seat help!