Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have a center stand on an Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:18 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine came with one. It's VERY handy when washing, working on the low side, changing the oil if you don't want to put it on the lift and making room in the garage. At 300 bucks (from HD) it's not cheap but adjusted correctly it's very stable.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:26 AM
itsmf
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 57 Posts

When putting bike on wheeldock stand with a board under it,should bike be in gear? or is it easier to not be in gear?

Old 01-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,790 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmf
When putting bike on wheeldock stand with a board under it,should bike be in gear? or is it easier to not be in gear?
Neutral ... always

Old 01-08-2015, 09:41 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

I bought the HD Chrome Centerstand and it worked well. It has adjustable feet you can screw down or up. Screwed up some makes it easier to get up, screwed down gets the bike up higher, if you wanted the wheel off the ground. I went a couple of years without using it, I took it off while doing some upgrades, and never reinstalled it.
Anybody interested in buying it, PM me and we will discuss an offer. Otherwise, it remains in the box in the corner of the garage...

Old 01-08-2015, 09:56 AM
ultralimited64
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three bikes ago, I had the factor install one on my 07 Gold Wing. I mod the length so I could pull in down with my left heal while setting on the bike (2UP), then hit the reverse and back up on the center stand without ever getting off. Sweet deal, I do miss that. I am planning to install one on my CVO (but without reverse I will have to get off to put it up on the center stand).

Old 01-08-2015, 10:52 AM
TexasRoper
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I am considering one for my 14 Limited. I have always carried a tire repair plug kit and air compressor with me and in 40 years I have pulled a few nails or screws out, plugged it and aired it up and was on the way again. Moving an ultra around with a flat trying to get the tire in the position you need it is a chore. My concern is if it drags in curves because I ride sporty. Never had a center stand on a HD.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 AM
dlpuette
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a demo of the EZ Up unit at the resent bike show here and must say I liked it. Especially like being able to engage it without getting off the bike. It was pretty damn stable when set. Me and the mrs were both able to get on the bike with complete confidence. Loved the ride off feature.

I just sold off some detachable hardware from my old bike and have a Paypal surplus. I'm gonna buy this unit.

Last edited by dlpuette; 02-11-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 AM
roadkingbigjoe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a EZ-up for 08 and back, I will make some one a great deal on it!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:30 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

My last bike was a Yamaha Royal Star Venture - it was bigger & heavier than my current '14 Limited.

Rather than a center stand, I spent the money on a god lift - a Pit Bull. I use that for maintenance & cleaning. As far as checking tire air pressure is concerned, a center stand might let you rotate the wheels in place instead of having to roll the bike - but you are still going to have to get down on your hands & knees (for the rear anyway) because it will only be lifted maybe an inch or so at best.

The advantage to a center stand for cleaning would be that you can get really close to the bike all around without having to work around the lift. The advantage to a lift is the height to which you can raise the bike to work on it.

I'm happy with a lift & no center stand myself - but to each his own.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:45 AM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Installed an EZ-Up CS-09 on my 14 Ultra Limited. Works great and was very easy to install. Plus it makes storing my bike in my garage during the winter much easier.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a center stand on an Ultra?