Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Russell Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:37 AM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my russell is suppose to be here on Wednesday and the bill for it was $1200. I went with the full leather seat, heat front/rear, heavy suspension. They are going to redo a solo seat for my fatbob this winter and when they do I am going to get them to redo my ultra backrest/tourpack backrest so they will all match.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:43 PM
RoadGlideBlues
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the original posters seat would look decent with the backrest removed. Looks super comfy

Old 10-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
my russell is suppose to be here on Wednesday and the bill for it was $1200. I went with the full leather seat, heat front/rear, heavy suspension. They are going to redo a solo seat for my fatbob this winter and when they do I am going to get them to redo my ultra backrest/tourpack backrest so they will all match.
Hi Lee,

Please post up some pictures when you get it!

Also, I'd be curious to read about how you wired up the heating electrics?

Thanks!
Steve R.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:20 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
Hi Lee,

Please post up some pictures when you get it!

Also, I'd be curious to read about how you wired up the heating electrics?

Thanks!
Steve R.
It came with it's own harness with a fuse on it. I just put it under the terminals on the battery. Tomorrow is the first ride on it. I am carrying a group in our HOG chapter on about a 600 mile ride.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Looks good, Lee. Glad to know the electric heating is that user friendly to hook up. I considered it briefly but living here on the Texas Gulf Coast, I "might" use it once or twice a year and it just didn't seem worth the money in my case. Besides, I was already spending enough as it was. Looks like you'll have a nice break-in ride for it. Let us know how it goes.

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:53 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

I have been saving for a Corbin which I have had previously and is so much better than stock. These seats look even better. Any one have a comparison they can tell me about??

Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bikerbehaviorist
I have been saving for a Corbin which I have had previously and is so much better than stock. These seats look even better. Any one have a comparison they can tell me about??
I can't offer an opinion from personal experience. I'll offer this based on conversations on the subject I've had both in person and in writing through the years.

Corbin makes a quality product. Overall, they're less expensive than RCP's products from what I've seen. When I bought my first Day-Long back in the late 1980's, there were complaints about fitment issues in some cases with Corbin seats, that is, fitting the seat to the bike, but I haven't heard anything about that in a very long time so I tend to think it's not an issue any more if it ever really was one. Corbin's are a more generic seat so I've met more dissatisfied customers with them than I have with RCP but overall, I think it's a very low percentage and I've never heard as many negative comments about the looks of a Corbin seat as RCP tends to receive.

If you've had them before and like them, then I wouldn't hesitate to go with them again.

Good luck with whatever you decide & Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Last edited by Intrepid175; 10-09-2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:17 PM
riconot
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always liked my corbin saddles. I have over 90,000 miles on a dual tour corbin on a 1988 FLHS. It's the gold standard of seats for me. I've had four bikes with corbins. When I got my '07 Roadglide, I went right to corbin and got the dual tour set-up. After twice remaking it due to fitment issues, I have a pretty bitchin' saddle but nothing as comfortable as the one on the FLHS. Like the stock seat, the Corbin Roadglide seat just isn't wide enough and doesn't have the all day comfort that I'd come to expect. I've got about 11,000 miles on it. It's nice, and looks great, but not quite perfect. Then, a few months ago, I bought a used Russell Day Long from a member here on the boards. It wasn't made to order for me and it has a kind of funky velour covering. It doesn't look great. But man is it comfortable! If I had it to do over, I think I would have done the Russell Day Long. If I had a new bagger today, I'd be hard pressed not to do the full Russell treatment. But I'm getting kind of old.