Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife can't stand footboards-Suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts
Default RE: Wife can't stand footboards-Suggestion?

ORIGINAL: Tiffy

Whiskers, give the good riding boots a try. My wife had the same vibration problem bothering her feet. I bought her a pair of riding boots and it made all the differance in the world. She no longer has any bothersome vibrations coming from the floorboards. Try to get her the riding boots and not the passenger boots because they are made with better soles.
Good luck!
Tiffy: Thanks for the excellent suggestion. I wouldn't have thought of looking for the difference in boots.

Take care.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: soos

I have them on my 06 EG Classic. My wife loves them. Quick and easy installation too. Mind you they only have 2 riding positions but that is not a big deal. My wife uses them in the full forward position. Proper footwear also helps. I got mine on eBay and that seems to be the cheapest I have found.

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem

They are worth the $$$$$. Go for it. Just be absolutely sure they will fit your model. You can get that info from the link you have in your post.
Thanks soos. I checked on the ebay link...it looks like a great place to pick them up.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: wldhogn

I have them on my Road Glide and my wife loves them. As a matter of fact, she loves them so much she's talked them up to the wives of all our riding buddies and they now have them. I think it's a great design .. and when not in use, you just tuck them away in the rear position. Here's a photo of them tucked away: Adjustable Foot Rests They lock in 3 different positions (1 is not practical) 2 and 3 are useable and then when I'm on the highway pegs she puts them all the way forward and can really stretch out.
Thanks wldhogn....they sound like a great investment. I'll also pick up some good riding shoes and between both should hopefully have the problem cured. Wifey appreciates everyones suggestions.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:16 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

What Wldhgn said... I've got the K's on my bike -- great option for changing how the passenger/wife is sitting and how her feet are picking up the vibrations. She also added a pair of the "Teri" model HD riding boots to her wardrobe -- and the shock absorbing soles on those really helped as well.

With the K's adjustable footpegs, when we are riding on the highway, she stretches out her legs and rests them on the top of the pegs -- kinda low on the calf, but then her feet aren't being vibrated so much.

One other thing to consider: Sometimes a passenger's feet go to sleep because the back of the legs are cut off by the seat's edge, the rear crash bars, or something else. Make sure there isn't something like that by checking the way she is sitting on the passenger pillion.

Hope that helps!

Old 06-14-2006, 12:01 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the Kuryakyn adjustable foot pegs on the RoadKing. Wife really likes them, it does give her way to stretch her legs, mine adjust 3 diferent ways. I will tell you when I frist put them on, I had them switched, Don't even ask, but it can happen, I found out latter from someone else that had done the same thing. But anyway the vibration was horrible for the wife, she couldn't even ride down the street and was wanting off. After the right switch she is sold on them. Be careful that you don't bump your shin when getting on. Hurts like a b*tch.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:38 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Al,

Those adjustable pegs are the ones I was telling you about that a friend of mine has. His wife really likes them.

Hope you get the problem solved as we would love to have your wife join us on the next ride.

Regards,

Bill

Old 06-14-2006, 01:10 PM
BIGSKY_FLHXI
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

I looked at the K products but bought the HD Streamliner boards...they have the shock absorbin insert the main boards have....moma loves em

I got them on the Glide. Wife likes them. The isolation pad really absorbs the vibration.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

I agree with soos! These adjustable pegs are great for passenger! They provide another position for passenger to put her feet..off the vibrating floorboards.

ORIGINAL: soos

I have them on my 06 EG Classic. My wife loves them. Quick and easy installation too. Mind you they only have 2 riding positions but that is not a big deal. My wife uses them in the full forward position. Proper footwear also helps. I got mine on eBay and that seems to be the cheapest I have found.

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem

They are worth the $$$$$. Go for it. Just be absolutely sure they will fit your model. You can get that info from the link you have in your post.

Old 06-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Hdbiker1450
Road Warrior

Michelle has asked for (and will soon get) the adjustable K's. She saw them on another RK and loved how they felt. Sure, she needs to be able to move her feet around, we all have highway pegs for us, right?
Her big question is--why don't the passenger boards tilt like ours do? Great question, and absolutely important. She always slides forward on a harder stop or after hitting a bump. If she were able to push against the boards, it would sure help. So far, I've never seen any made like that for a passenger.