Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Trip Seat Recomendations...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road Trip Seat Recomendations...

Hi I am looking for a seat to use strictly for road trips. The stock seat on my FLHX is ok but after a tank or two of fuel the back and back side get a little tired. Let me know what I should be looking at. Thanks In Advance!

Old 06-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Branded
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road Trip Seat Recomendations...

I have a Corbin on my Electra Glide and have no complaints. I'm looking to buy a Sundowner for the Road King that my wife rides.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:10 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

add a back rest and get a gel pad. you will be bucks ahead and have comfort.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

Rhinohd,

This question has been debated in this forum for some time. I think everyone is different when it comes to finding the right seat. For me, I tried four other seats, before ended up with a Corbin. Some folks don't like Corbin, and preferred the HD Sundowner or Mustang.

I, personally, like doing long trips. So, one of my criteria for a seat was for it to be comfortable (or tollerable) after a few hundred miles--with no pressure or 'burn' spots on my thighs. And, I found that in the Corbin. Their customer service is also pretty good.

Of course, adding a backrest to a seat also makes a world of difference on long trips. After about 100 miles without a backrest, I found myself sloughing and the lower back started to get painful. A backrest solved those issues for me. Others on this forum may have different solutions. You may have to experiment a bit to find your right seat.

Good luck,
Kahuna

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

Hi I am looking for a seat to use strictly for road trips. The stock seat on my FLHX is ok but after a tank or two of fuel the back and back side get a little tired. Let me know what I should be looking at. Thanks In Advance!

Old 06-21-2006, 04:11 PM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Mustang wide tourer with driver backrest. I really like the firmness of the Mustang seat. I also have an Airhawk cushion for the big tour days. It lets me do 600 miles without any problems. It's better than a gel seat, but costs more too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8977/CB7E458683784BA8A4AE00B787028A34.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I vote for the Sundowner but only in the 2 up version. Solo looks cool but not nearly as comfortable.

Primo

Old 06-22-2006, 04:17 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks For the info folks. I might have to go down to the dealer and sit on some bikes...

Old 06-22-2006, 04:50 AM
ZookHD
Tourer

I got a Corbin dual touring with the backrest. Ive done a thousand miles in day with it. My wife and I both have screwed up backs and it works the best for us.

Old 06-22-2006, 05:23 AM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now I want one....

Old 06-22-2006, 10:02 AM
oldfrtbkr
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

================================================== ============
I had an '03 RG and the original seat was absolute torture after about 200 miles or so. I contacted Saddlemen and the built one of their road sofas for me and it was without a doubt the best bike seat I've ever owned. They take a lot of time, ask a lot of questions and take a bit of your money but well worth it. I put the seat on, left for a 5300 mile cross country with never a blister or backache.

Quick Reply: Road Trip Seat Recomendations...