Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a Builder/Tuner/HQ Dealer - Indianapolis, IN

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
BCSKYPILOT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Builder/Tuner/HQ Dealer - Indianapolis, IN

Hello,

I'm thinking about a 95st or maybe a 98st build on my 2006 Street Glide. I searched the boards for a good engine builder/tuner or maybe an HQ Dealer near Indianapolis, but couldn’t find anything. Any suggestions? Any other input on either build would also be appreiciated.

I've been bouncing back and forth on a the build options. At first I was just on here looking for information on the different cam options but now I am thinking about a little more... I am seeing 95/98 build post when I dream at night. I live in Indianapolis, IN and ride solo 80% of the time(170 lbs solo & my wife is at about 100lbs if she is with me). I ride to work a few times a week. Take a few trips back and forth to Columbus, OH each month and make at least one trip to South Carolina each year. My first trip to Yellowstone is scheduled next year. I'm leaning toward just a cam or maybe a 95/98 ST build by HQ. I am really out of my element when it comes to the mechanical and technical side.

Here's what I am looking for:

1. Reliability - Heat, cold, mountains, wide open roads or tons of traffic - I don't want to have to worry about it. Truth be known I don't even change my own oil...

2. Fun Factor - I rode the heck out of sport bikes for 20+ years. My days of 130mph+ are over with for the most part. I sold my CBR & Ninja and bought the Street Glide because I was riding like an idiot. (It was also real purty...) I am pretty easy on this bike, riding and shifting around the 3's, I'm not in a big hurry most the time but I want to have it if I get on it. Especially when riding with friends. I am looking for options and suggestions but think tq is a priority over hp for me(Yes, I prefer both if possible).

3. Engine Sound - 91+ octane is pretty easy to find around here. I want to avoid a build that would give engine ping or the sewing machine sound you hear sometimes on other builds. Thanks for any feedback or suggestions!

Brian

Old 10-13-2009, 05:20 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

give us a shout and i can hook you up with a couple different good builders here in indy!!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:35 PM
07fatboycustom
Cruiser

I had an 07 Fatboy. 96ci. with V&H big shots, power commander and SE heavy breather.
Had my dealer install an HQ 103 kit. Mileage dropped to about 37/38 hwy. But was extremely pleased with the power. Results were 106hp and 115tq. The bike really got it on. The cost was about $3400.00 total for the dealer to do this install. They do bike from states all around. They are located in Topeka, KS if anyone is interested. Just tell Rick in service,he is the service manager, that a guy named Rick recommended them. He will take care of you. I now ride an 2010 Road King

Old 10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OP, glad you posted this. I was going to post the same thing as I'm getting ready to do my cams, and wanted to see what other good choices are out there. Keep me in the loop if you hear anything in PM

Old 10-14-2009, 07:13 AM
BCSKYPILOT
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CLASSICRYDER
give us a shout and i can hook you up with a couple different good builders here in indy!!

Great looking bike! Thanks for the reply on the builder thread. You can reach me with a PM with the builders local here in Indianapolis or by email at bcollier@paramountmortgages.com

Thanks for your help!

Brian