Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member......buying my first HD

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Agnes the dog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and if you buy it, don't forget to hit him up for all of the stock parts he has left over. They might come in handy some day.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:03 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 472 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Nozzleman 216

So I think I have found a really good deal on an 07 Street Glide. The issue I have is it has high miles (32k) and it shows the bike has been ridden.
I am able to pay cash and the deal is likely to be under $11k. The guy needs out from the payment.
2007 for $11 k??? have a competent wrench. or friend give it a good look over, but from MY viewpoint, that AIN'T a "high mileage bike"...
That's 3 model years... and depending on when it was purchased..... 2 years 16k miles, or 3 years 11 k miles..... I see you're in Ohio, but still.... that isn't many miles per yer.... sure there are garage queens with less miles, and not in need of paint....

I would think it was a draw..... will painting this bike, wind up raising the price higher? than a low mileage bike? Is the a low mileage bike with more crap on it, that makes your heart sing?
I guess my answer is...it's YOUR money.... what do YOU think?

Old 10-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Estil
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you have made up your mind to buy. Good lookin ride. Welcome aboard!

Old 10-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

I am pretty sure he bought it in 06, around this time of year actually.

Paint will not take the bike over any low mile bikes, actually will not even bring it withing 2 grand of most the 07's I have seen with low miles (all around 15k)

All of the low mileage bikes I have looked at do not have everything I would want, so I would still have to cough up some more cash for the goodies or wait and do it a few at a time.

So in reality, all the low miles I have seen on the net are around 4500 more than what I would pay ( I am pretty sure I can get it less than 11) Paint will cost no more than 1500 and 2k at the highest.

I know its my money, was just looking for some advice.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:40 PM
KDUBYA
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you said you want a HD, But your wife getting the clothes she wants isnt a reason to buy a HD. There is no shame in being a Victory person, At least they're american made. I considered buying one. Have you seen the Cross Country? It's Victorys answer to the Street Glide. With that said, I have an 07 Street Glide and love it

Old 10-17-2009, 08:19 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

Originally Posted by KDUBYA
I know you said you want a HD, But your wife getting the clothes she wants isnt a reason to buy a HD. There is no shame in being a Victory person, At least they're american made. I considered buying one. Have you seen the Cross Country? It's Victorys answer to the Street Glide. With that said, I have an 07 Street Glide and love it
I have seen it and I am not sold on the look of it and I won't even consider the George Jetson Vision. Actually, clothing and ACCESSORIES are huge reason to own a Harley. Go see what kind of aftermarket accessories you can find for the Victory's. It's pretty slim picking, and pleasing my wife by letting her pick from 30 leather jackets and not 2 is a pretty big deal as well.

Its not the main reason, but it is a factor! I am also not embarrassed of owning a Victory. It got many compliments and it handled damn near like a sport bike. It also made nearly 90hp with just an exhaust and power commander.

One other reason is resale value. Not that I am going to have much with this 07, but it will still be more than most Victory's. My 16k+ 2004 Kingpin is going to be luck to bring 7 grand. They depreciate about like a car.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds good to me. 32,000 isn't high mileage. If you like it buy it. Cash (payed off) is always a better situation. You can then, do what ever you want.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:09 AM
my1sthog
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Sounds good to me. 32,000 isn't high mileage. If you like it buy it. Cash (payed off) is always a better situation. You can then, do what ever you want.
I agree, 32000 isn't considered high mileage. It's just barely broke in. Didn't you hear about the guy who put a million miles on his hog, and MOCO gave him a brand new scoot. His old one is in the museum now. Oh, and by the way, welcome!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:49 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, sounds like your mind is made up....welcome to the madness!!!! Sounds like at the very least like a very fair deal on the surface.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:00 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Apparently you haven't read on here how terrible the 07's are. That is from all the guys that do not have an 07!!

Just kidding though, I have an 07 Ultra and love it. Good luck.

Quick Reply: New Member......buying my first HD