Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member......buying my first HD

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member......buying my first HD

Seller sold to someone else after we had an accepted offer. Didn't even have a chance to compete with the other offer. Oh well. Plenty more out there.

Last edited by Nozzleman 216; 10-21-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Just as important as the asking price with a used bike is how much is it going to cost to get the bike to LOOK like you'll want it to if it doesn't already. Parts can be shopped out and deals can be had, but it does cost money on top of the initial expense of owning one. Definitely have an experienced wrench that you trust go over the bike since you may not know what to listen/look for. IMO

Oh, BTW, welcome to HDFORUMS!

Old 10-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Agnes the dog
Cruiser

If you can handle a little refurbishing and the bike is mechanically sound, $11k sounds like a heck of a deal for an 07. I'm partial to the bagger apes too! Honestly, I would be a lot more suspicious of a bike with super-low miles. At least this bike's been rolling on a regular basis. If the guy has done the proper services, you should be fine. If the paint scuffs aren't too deep into the paint, you should be able to polish or buff them out. If you go buy one that's perfect, think how bad you'll feel when YOU put the first scratch on her! :-) Good luck with your decision. BTW, welcome!

Old 10-17-2009, 05:07 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make sure you look under that fairing bra too.......

Old 10-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

Originally Posted by brettnbama
make sure you look under that fairing bra too.......
Yea I was going to look under it, but once the wife saw the marks on the bags she said paint it all. So I didn't bother to have the bra taken off.

As far as maintenance, I am not sure. I know he is a diesel mechanic and has done a lot of the servicing himself and said he has used Royal Purple oil and has changed it every 3k since 750 miles.

Part of the "deal" is the money I am saving that can be used to make it like I want. A low mile bike is from 15-16 from what I have been seeing. Some eve more.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:47 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nozzleman 216
Yea I was going to look under it, but once the wife saw the marks on the bags she said paint it all. So I didn't bother to have the bra taken off.
Well, you aren't just looking areas that need paint. You should be looking for even more serious damage...like cracks, or worse. Never "not bother" to look at everything on a expensive investment or you may be surprised later.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:54 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,108 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Welcome to Harley World. Hope the '07 works out for ya!

Old 10-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Getyurmotorunnin
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your wife is going to be riding a lot with you make sure she is confortable, if she dosent enjoy the ride she wont ride. That bike look great but dosent have much for the wife.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:21 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Getyurmotorunnin
If your wife is going to be riding a lot with you make sure she is confortable, if she dosent enjoy the ride she wont ride. That bike look great but dosent have much for the wife.
I might add. If she isn't happy, you won't be either.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer

what more does she need? LOL

Seriously though, it does have a detachable backrest not pictured. I will be adding floorboards. Once the boards are added it will have just as much as the Victory, oh and she will have some tunes

Not like it matters much, but it also has a power commander III and a high flow air cleaner.

Quick Reply: New Member......buying my first HD