Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle training pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Very cool, love the pics

Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
There is a group of motor officers in Northern Virginia that started a school. Experienced riders are invited to the classes, not just motormen. They say you can learn to ride like this after the course. The guy in the third picture is my good friend Al, he is their mechanic. They don't drop these much either.

The advanced class is fun and the ride like a pro videos are good. I so want to take the officers class,kinda worth the trip to virginia to take that class! You have contact information?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:54 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After you learn to ride like that THEN you can do this to your floorboards and brackets!

Old 10-29-2009, 07:57 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
The advanced class is fun and the ride like a pro videos are good. I so want to take the officers class,kinda worth the trip to virginia to take that class! You have contact information?
Don't want to hijack JCs thread. I am on the way out the door, I will PM you later tonight with some info.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

There was a class given in Michigan this year that was the same course the Michigan State Police go through. It was 2 weekends, and cost in the $300 range (but that did include use of a bike other than your own). For the life of me, i can't find any info on it, but i'll keep digging!

Old 10-29-2009, 04:33 PM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see our tax $$ at work!!

Old 10-29-2009, 05:21 PM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't mind at all BigDaddy, im interested in the contact info as well.....post away!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
Don't want to hijack JCs thread. I am on the way out the door, I will PM you later tonight with some info.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool, thanks for posting. Great pics!!

Old 10-29-2009, 11:23 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by JC Turbo
Don't mind at all BigDaddy, im interested in the contact info as well.....post away!
OK here it is. It is pricy, but like so many things in life, you get what you pay for. A small group of active duty Motor Men put this school together a couple of year ago. They are located in Northern Va and have Lt's, Seargents and MPOs who will train you in every and any manner you can handle from basic skills all the way to individual 1:1 training in rodeo riding! I am taking some advanced courses there in the early spring. They came to me highly recommended. Check out their web site, there is a wealth of info there. Click on the past class picture link, it is especially cool.

www.saddleupva.com

Enjoy!
Mike

Old 10-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that's riding a motorcycle as it was meant to be!

Those E-Glides sure look nice, but that KZ1000P would still be my first choice for rodeos and skill shows. I have nothing against the HDs mind you as I have had two Ultras for personal use, but I was trained on the KZ and know that it will turn tighter and lean further. I remember when the HDs were reintroduced, they had to open up all the exercises to make them fit.

On my first day at motorschool I must have dropped that bike 100 times. Folks who get embarressed will get over it real quickly when they see everyone else dropping bikes. I am proud to say that the Ride Like A Pro West Coast course out here in Southern California offers a motor officer prep course. It's designed for the motor officer candidate (although non leos can take it too) and incorporates many of the basic exercises, mazes and drills that I learned at the LAPD. As you can expect most of the riders who attend are cops who are either signed up for motor school or washed out and are looking for extra work before returning. I get a lot of interest in it from folks who have taken the basic RLAP course. Then I show them what is expected and a lot of them change their mind.

The most fun I ever had at work was motor school.

Here's some fun pics from waaaaaay back in the day.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle training pics