Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle training pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 PM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Motorcycle training pics

four in the 360

Last edited by JC Turbo; 10-28-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool man....i bet that's a pretty sweet job

Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM
RandyS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...impressive...would not want to be using my bike for that

Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice pics.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:07 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a blast taking the course at my dept...love the keyhole. Funny to go from dumping the bike about 20 times a day down to rarely dropping it at all. Likewise, wouldn't wanna use my own bike for the course

Old 10-29-2009, 06:04 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

Sweet,

Old 10-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Lynn5165
6th Gear

That is so cool. I wish we had more advanced riding courses for civilians. My husband I both say we would love to take the police course. OUr local guys have come out to the dealership for a demonstration and I always ask a lot of questions regarding their riding skills...they were helpful with giving me some knowlegde that I've really been able to use and feel more confident on my bike. I've been riding a little over a year now. I hear I am a great rider from others but I really want to be a skilled rider. My husband and I both have 2010 Street Glides. I traded a deluxe. I really enjoy how much easier this bike is to handle at slower speeds. Thanks for the post! Posted a pic of our bikes the weekend we picked them up...mine is the brilliant silver.

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle training pics-020.jpg  
Old 10-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Estil
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Great riding skills! Would love to take a course myself, course not on my bike..... One thing is evident in the pictures and that is all the riders are "looking" where they are going, not down in front of the bike.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:35 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

JC, thanks for the pics and it was thoughtful of you not to include any dropped bikes. Attended a police rodeo in the spring and was amazed to see the skills displayed, though there were a high number of drops.

Lynn, the closest thing I've seen to the police motor course offered to civilians is the Ride Like A Pro course:

http://www.ridelikeapro.com/index.ph...mart&Itemid=64

The course has been franchised in other parts of the U.S.; I took the class in North Carolina early this summer and consider the $150 well spent. The RLAP DVD is a good buy, but for me, having a live instructor demoing everything gave me that little bit more confidence that I understood the techniques and I could do them.

The RLAP course isn't nearly as difficult as the motor officer course, but it's the closest thing to it that I know of.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
JC, thanks for the pics and it was thoughtful of you not to include any dropped bikes. Attended a police rodeo in the spring and was amazed to see the skills displayed, though there were a high number of drops.

Lynn, the closest thing I've seen to the police motor course offered to civilians is the Ride Like A Pro course:

http://www.ridelikeapro.com/index.ph...mart&Itemid=64

The course has been franchised in other parts of the U.S.; I took the class in North Carolina early this summer and consider the $150 well spent. The RLAP DVD is a good buy, but for me, having a live instructor demoing everything gave me that little bit more confidence that I understood the techniques and I could do them.

The RLAP course isn't nearly as difficult as the motor officer course, but it's the closest thing to it that I know of.
There is a group of motor officers in Northern Virginia that started a school. Experienced riders are invited to the classes, not just motormen. They say you can learn to ride like this after the course. The guy in the third picture is my good friend Al, he is their mechanic. They don't drop these much either.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle training pics