Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Premium Ride, Hand-Adjustable Low Touring Shocks from HD

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts

I had to go and take a look at this for myself! The full text states:

"Premium Ride, Hand-Adjustable Low Touring Shocks

Experience the ultimate in superior ride quality with these premium Low Touring shocks. These shocks utilize a single tube, nitrogen charged design that offers enhanced compression and rebound damping when compared to the air-adjustable Original Equipment or ProfileŽ Low shocks. This provides a plush, controlled ride with reduced chance of bottoming. The compression and rebound damping is split between the two shocks - compression on the right and rebound on the left. This design balances the load of each shock; stiff spring with rebound damping on the left and soft spring with compression damping on the right. Larger chambers with 40mm-diameter pistons and 14mm rods allow these shocks to react more quickly to impacts. This keeps the tires tracking while minimizing harshness transmitted through the frame. A simple **** behind the left saddlebag allows the rider to conveniently modify the spring preload via a hydraulic adjuster."

To this bear with simple brain the swingarm must have remarkable torsional stiffness to control the wheel with a different setup on each side. That or some black magic is involved!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
triple buzz
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

what ever they are they have to be better then the stock crap on my RG.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set that came on my 2010 Road Glide. Someone bought a 2010 Street Glide and they swaped the shocks with mine. I never could figure out how they worked until they listed them for sale. The dealer couldn't tell me either. To me they are no big deal and not worth the money. I'm still not sure how they work. I'd just as soon have air shocks. The only good thing about them is I didn't have to pay for them. My bike seems to ride fine with them and I've had that **** all over the place. I can make it ride rough as hell.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Fewe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no idea how they work, but Wifey and I went on a demo ride two-up last year on a CVO Street Glide and it rode way better than my '08 Ultra. Never bottomed out and handled better than any other bagger I have ridden solo or two-up, and I have ridden quite a few as I have attended many Demo Days and ridden as many different bikes a time would allow. I have actually thought about getting them for the Ultra, but don't know if they would bolt up to pre-'09 frames. H-D says they won't but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts

Originally Posted by Fewe
I have actually thought about getting them for the Ultra, but don't know if they would bolt up to pre-'09 frames. H-D says they won't but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't work.
I'm fairly certain I have read of HDF members swapping 09 shocks to earlier models. Where there is a will there is a way! Frankly I reckon there are superior shocks out there for similar or better money, so wouldn't buy factory shocks as replacements.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 PM
wildey
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was at the dealer today talking seats since I sold my russell and was looking at the sundowner.

Anyway the reason was to get closer to the ground. The dealer mentioned these shocks and said they will lower you about 1/2 inch that combined with the new lower seats is the solution for the 09 and up height issue

Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

It's for when you spend to much at the dealer and your wallet is empty you can compensate for it.

Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Crissie
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so you have these shocks? looking for more experience with people who own them