Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:16 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vance & Hines Customer Service

It was a couple weeks ago when riding home my Vance & Hines Fuelpak took a crap after 25000 miles and two years. I just bypassed it out of the system and was able to limp her home. I emailed Vance & Hines on that Sunday just asking where I should go from here not expecting much do to warranty time. On Monday morning Chris called my cell phone and promptly gave me a return authorization number and told me to get it to him right away. This was done and they stepped right up and replaced what looks like everything but the case from the work order! I had called one week later to check on the status and Chris said it will be on your door step today. Came home there it was!

I know that the Fuelpak may be for all you that want completed tuning capabilites on their bikes. But for me at the time of install was perfect and is still viable for me at this juncture.

I just wanted to let everyone know about my excelent customer service with this American made California company Vance & Hines.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:28 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like the V&H Co. and their products.

Top notch IMO....

Old 02-16-2010, 09:38 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well,

At least in 2003 they sucked, BAD!!!!

My rear bracket on the V&H ShortShots I had put on the bike prior to delivery cracked 4 times, in two pieces!!!!!

Went back to local Harley dealer that had installed the pipes as I could not get in touch with anyone at V&H, and the salesman that sold me the bike told me that "V&H does not like customers calling them direct, he would call the company and have another bracket sent to me", REAL NICE POLICY!!!

The last crack occurred on the ride to Sturgis in 2004,

Went to the J&P store in downtown Sturgis and talked to a V&H Technician, he told me his division designed the bracket,

Said reason for cracking was "Misalignment between tranny and crankcase"

I asked for a new bracket from a boxed set of Shortshots so that I could make the trip home without the bracket cracking again, (had two cracked brackets re-welded, neither held up very long,)

Dealer lied and said all ShortShot kits had been sold,

I found that the V&H Official Vendor at the Rapid City Harley Dealer had the kits still available,

Went to the Samson Store Downtown Sturgis and bought a set of pipes on sale from them and had them installed on site,

Went back to the J&P store, walked up to the Rep, and threw the ShortShots at him and walked out,

WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER V&H PRODUCT AGAIN,

PS, the Samson rear support bracket never cracked, after an accident caused by a stupid woman driver that damaged the Samsons, I replaced them with SuperTrapp SuperMegs 2 into 1 pipes, the rear support bracket has never broke on these pipes,

Misalignment between tranny and crankcase, BS!!!!

Picture of junk designed exhaust,

Last edited by ButtMan1000; 02-16-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:14 PM
sniperduce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have their True Duals, Ovals and Fuelpak. Got them all from Eastern Performance, installed them myself. Don't know personally about their customer service because I haven't had any problems in over 2 years so far.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:21 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love the 'toss them in their lap' responce....That's the way I do business when I'm in a good mood....When I'm pissed, someone bleeds.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:30 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought a used Road Glide 2 years ago, it came with V&H Dresser Duals Oval mufflers,

I had the dealer toss them before I rode the bike home,

Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 AM
Sancho
Road Master

Never had anything but great service from V&H's. Ten years ago they were the highest quality pipe on the market. Other mfgr's have come a long way since then so today they have alot of competition.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:22 AM
KingCripps
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I stripped out one of their funky dual connected nut plates a couple of months ago and emailed them. I had a couple of new ones mailed to me in two days. No charges, no questions. I couldn't ask for anything more. In my case, they (Vance & Hines) gave me excellent support. I have their true duals, Moster ovals and Big Radius pipes. (Two different bikes)

Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've run V&H pipes on all my bikes w/out any issues. A month ago, I emailed V&H asking where I could get some new torca band clamps. Well, I got a response in 1 day and they told me no worries they are in the mail. A few days later, I got new free torca clamps.

I ran straight shots on my Sporty for 7 yrs w/out any chrome issues or brackets breaking. I now have run V&H mufflers on my RG w/ no issues at all.

Ride safe and have fun.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 172 Posts

In 2004 put a new V&H 2-1 on that was specifically for my 02 RK. The support clamp cracked a few years later and asked them to send a replacement clamp which they did at no charge. Great, except that the clamp wouldn't fit. Thought maybe it was me so had my local indy look at it and he tried ordering the correct clamp also. He was also sent the same wrong clamp. I ended up using a stainless marine clamp until I changed to Rineharts.