Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wild pigs/de-cat & power vision V

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM
chainsaw123
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wild pigs/de-cat & power vision V

Anyone running this combo? Seems to be the least expensive route to get good sound but what if any is power difference? I already have the fuel-moto air cleaner mod done so would the total combination be pretty decent?

I would like to get the total package from fuel-moto but just dont have the funds and after yesterdays ride, I HAVE to change from the stock exhaust!!!

all opinions welcome.

thank you,

Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 PM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The power vision retains the O2 sensors. There is a possible issue with cross talk if you gut the stock pipe. If you are going to gut the stock pipe maybe consider the PC-V which eliminates the O2's.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:12 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

I have this exact combo. Stock headpipe (de-catted), Wild Pig slip-ons, Fuel Moto a/c and Power Vision (basic- uses factory O2 sensors). Still playing with the PV maps but the bike runs very well.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

FWIW, I can feel a slight difference in the way the bike runs, somewhat stronger. I think AFR's in the 14.6 range are the reason it doesn't feel stronger. I think 13.8/14.0 would make better power.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 AM
chainsaw123
Tourer

Originally Posted by stro1965
FWIW, I can feel a slight difference in the way the bike runs, somewhat stronger. I think AFR's in the 14.6 range are the reason it doesn't feel stronger. I think 13.8/14.0 would make better power.

So, what size baffle are you using and do you like the sound? What type of map did FM load and are you able to make your own adjustments to dial it in? What was the cost of the power commander and did you get it from FM? I would love to hear a sound clip if you have one or could make one. I am guessing my total cost for the setup would be in the $700.00 range? Did you put it all on yourself and if so, how difficult was it?

thanks

Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Joltergeist
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chainsaw123
So, what size baffle are you using and do you like the sound? What type of map did FM load and are you able to make your own adjustments to dial it in? What was the cost of the power commander and did you get it from FM? I would love to hear a sound clip if you have one or could make one. I am guessing my total cost for the setup would be in the $700.00 range? Did you put it all on yourself and if so, how difficult was it?

thanks
I have the exact same setup as you, and am beyond pleased with it considering money spent. The sound is great (I removed my baffle-wrap), the performance - at least from the seat-of-the-pants-dyno - is improved. And of course, it's hard to beat the price.

I was around $700, and I had to buy the AC too... you already have that... so, it's a bonus. FM included a map that works great, but after I do a little more logging, I might be adjusting it a little.

Install couldn't have been easier... make sure you're careful with the O2 sensors, don't bump them into anything, don't get any anti seize compound on them, and make sure you get them back in the correct holes... and you'll be very happy.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:33 AM
chainsaw123
Tourer

Stro & Jolt, thank you both for your input. Sounds like this is the way I may go. I will post results after the project.

Thanks again!!!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by chainsaw123

thanks
I just went with the standard baffle, I think it's 1 1/2"? I did remove the baffle wrapping right away though.

The map that FM loaded was pretty darn close, I don't think I'd have to modify it at all (but I am)! I've been doing a few data log runs and found that I was having some spark knock events (couldn't hear 'em, but the PV sees 'em), so I'm trying to tune them out.

I did the install myself. The PV was a snap to "install" (you're basically just hooking it up to flash your ECM) but there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to using the PV as a tuning device. I'm still learning. Just modified my first map based on data log runs and re-flashed the ECM....now I need to do some more data log runs to see if my changes did any good and if further changes are needed.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:17 PM
chainsaw123
Tourer

Made my decision. I am ordering the Wild Pigs reverse cut with the 2 1/2" baffles. Also going with the Power Vision from Jamie at Fuel Moto. Going to keep the stock headpipes for now and either de-cat them myself later or save for the stainless Jackpots from Jamie. I am waiting to get an answer from Jamie if he can pre load 3 different maps for each scenario before shipping it to me so I can just pick the correct one depending on what I do.

I cannot wait to get the new setup on and see what happens.

I HATE STOCK PIPES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everone for your input and opinions. All of them were helpful and appreciated !!!!