Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 electra glide fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
dougd60
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know what the individual part nos are but O-ring kit for the rail side is 17043-95. I'm waiting on that part from Chicago Harley, placed order in november.... It was like $10 then, now they have it for $12....

Old 01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

You can order those rings as a kit or order them individually....go figure. If you order the individual rings, it's around 1/3 the cost of the "kit". I have the individual o-ring HD part numbers for the rings, which I will post when I get this one more ring figured out. It's a HD part also, but the company ships it under their particular PN. When you get the parts....the HD PN will be on the package.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Road Warrior

I just got around to installing the Goodridge HDFL005 fuel lines. One of you mentioned above they are "stiff". I think they are VERY stiff and seem to be slightly twisted. I had to take some pliers and twist my tank connections slightly to get it all to line up. This must be placing some additional pressure on the o-rings at some point on the circle of all the banjo connections and my horn bracket is awfully close to the front (feed) hose. It does not take a lot of vibration from a stainless steel line to start eating-up stuff. I must say that I like the hoses and the price, but I do not like the bind they appear to be in after the installation. Maybe they will run-in?

Has anyone that anybody knows of ever had an issue with these Goodridge lines???

If they had made them a 1/2-inch or so longer...I don't think there would be any clearance issues.

As Info:

The large 0-ring on the tank end nipple is a 15.8mm x 2mm, but a 5/8 from the hardware store will work. The small 0-ring on the tank end nipple is the very same as the 0-ring on the "nose" of the nut that screws into the tank, part number HD11246. The fuel rail large nipple 0-ring is HD2724495 and the small fuel rail end nipple 0-ring is HD2723795. The fuel rail 0-rings will not work on the tank ends. The stock fuel rail circlips will work (PN HD11150) on the Goodridge tank nipples, but they are a bit thinner and I think a thin spacer or shim would be needed to insure a proper fitment to keep the banjo pushed up over the 0-rings. I never could find a replacement off-the-shelf circlip that fits the Goodridge tank end, but I am sure it is a metric size.

Last edited by 0734; 02-25-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:39 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 795 Likes on 606 Posts

Originally Posted by 1550vt
I just got around to installing the Goodridge HDFL005 fuel lines. One of you mentioned above they are "stiff". I think they are VERY stiff and seem to be slightly twisted. I had to take some pliers and twist my tank connections slightly to get it all to line up. This must be placing some additional pressure on the o-rings at some point on the circle of all the banjo connections and my horn bracket is awfully close to the front (feed) hose. It does not take a lot of vibration from a stainless steel line to start eating-up stuff. I must say that I like the hoses and the price, but I do not like the bind they appear to be in after the installation. Maybe they will run-in?

Has anyone that anybody knows of ever had an issue with these Goodridge lines???

If they had made them a 1/2-inch or so longer...I don't think there would be any clearance issues.

As Info:

The large 0-ring on the tank end nipple is a 15.8mm x 2mm, but a 5/8 from the hardware store will work. The small 0-ring on the tank end nipple is the very same as the 0-ring on the "nose" of the nut that screws into the tank, part number HD11246. The fuel rail large nipple 0-ring is HD2724495 and the small fuel rail end nipple 0-ring is HD2723795. The fuel rail 0-rings will not work on the tank ends. The stock fuel rail circlips will work (PN HD11150) on the Goodridge tank nipples, but they are a bit thinner and I think a thin spacer or shim would be needed to insure a proper fitment to keep the banjo pushed up over the 0-rings. I never could find a replacement off-the-shelf circlip that fits the Goodridge tank end, but I am sure it is a metric size.
Would it be possible to place some slit clear or oil tubing around hose near horn bracket for protection? My harley OEM line runs very very close to horn bracket so i have a plastic wire loom cover on it.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Road Warrior

Oh yes...it will be possible to slide a section of something over the line and I can probably "modify" the horn mount just a fuzz also. I was just curious as what others that had installed these lines thought about them.

I had a stainless steel oil line completely cut into a metal rear brake line after it had rubbed against it for a couple of thousand miles. I live along the Gulf Coast and it started leaking in Canada, which was terribly inconvenient. I am not so much worried about scratching the horn bracket as I am ruining the fuel line.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 PM
GlidingApes
6th Gear

Sorry to revive this post but I'm kinda in a jam, I'm trying to replace my stock leaking fuel line with the goodridge one, I remove the tank and I'm at the point of removing the line from the fuel manifold and I'm stuck I got the circlip off but how to I remove the line ??? Can anybody help with this is it just a matter of prying the them off ???
Thanks in advance

Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Road Warrior

If you have the circlips removed.....just take a flat-bladed screwdriver and pry the banjos off by placing the blade under the banjo fitting and the intake runner. The o-rings sort of "snap" in place and out of place inside the banjo over the fitting. Put a little lube on the new hose o-rings and it will help them slide over the banjo nipple in the intake runner.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 PM
GlidingApes
6th Gear

Thanks for the quick reply so that's it just pry them off with a screwdriver and will the stock hd o-ring do ? Oh what do you mean by intake runner is that where the banjo fittings are attach is that the same thing as fuel manifold ?
Lots of question I know I just hate it when I ended up breaking **** while trying to fix things !!!

Old 02-20-2013, 05:03 AM
Road Warrior

You can call it the intake manifold. Normally, in the "fuel injection world" it's called a fuel rail and we sometimes call that the intake runner as well. The Goodridge hoses should come with their o-rings. The Goodridge uses metric o-rings of a slightly different size than the US made hoses. I use to have a list of compatible o-rings that will interchange, but I have managed to loose that list. Anyway....the Goodridge lines should have o-rings installed, or in the package. Stock rings used with the Harley lines will not work. The fuel line banjos fit over a nipple that is held in place in the fuel rail and will not come out unless you remove the pressure regulator. There is a plate that holds those in place. They will "wiggle" but will not come out. Just slide the screwdriver blade between the banjo and the fuel runner (intake) and push. The banjo and o-rings will "pop" off the nipple. You may have to work the lines off from more than one side.....just work around the fuel line banjo and the intake with the blade and the hose will slide off the top.

When you install the new lines....look for places the Goodridge lines may rub, like the horn bracket. If those stainless steel lines rub against anything.....they will rub off some chrome, damage the line or even cut through wiring. Ask me how I know.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:54 AM
GlidingApes
6th Gear

Thanks for the great info, my lines came with o- ring for the tank side but not for the banjo fittings on the fuel manifold hence my question. I guess I'm gonna try to salvage the old ones wish me luck.
Thanks again
P

Quick Reply: 99 electra glide fuel line