Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring tailight part number 67774-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 07:56 AM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Smile Touring tailight part number 67774-10

Hi Guys,
I just wondered if any of you had experience in this part and if you had fitted it to a stock tail light.
My UK model 2010 Streetglide does not appear to have any light in this lower section and I guess that this part number will simply plug and play however from the description in the p&a cat it suggests that this is an upgrade part so something may be missing on my bike...any views??

Cheers
R

Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,965 Likes on 1,715 Posts

Fits '10 FLHX and FLTRX models (except HDI models).

I assume being in the UK, you have an HDI model, yes?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:16 AM
royston
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dawg

dumb answer from me i guess but I dont know.....is there a way to check?
Cheers

Old 03-31-2010, 08:17 AM
royston
Road Captain

thinking about it #I have seen it on several bikes over here, its what caught my attention.......

Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 AM
royston
Road Captain

Ahhhh - penny dropped . H-D international I was trying to make the question more difficult - no worries.
That said most models over here would be HDI models but have this part installed so I guess my question stands?
Maybe best I get the manual out and trawl though whats under that rear fender before I start to take it all apart...
Cheers

Last edited by royston; 03-31-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2010, 09:34 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,965 Likes on 1,715 Posts

I'm sure that it could be made to fit. It is probably an issue that some countries have different laws as to where or what the lights can be. It might be a plug and play deal for you, but you should look at it prior to committing to it.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by royston
Hi Guys,
I just wondered if any of you had experience in this part and if you had fitted it to a stock tail light.
My UK model 2010 Streetglide does not appear to have any light in this lower section and I guess that this part number will simply plug and play however from the description in the p&a cat it suggests that this is an upgrade part so something may be missing on my bike...any views??

Cheers
R
Royston, the run/brake tri-bar light you identified is a simple swap on a U.S. 2010 Street Glide/Road Glide and uses the same electrical connector. It's different from the OEM tri-bar light because it adds a brake light circuit to the LED.

Check your bike for the tour pak wiring harness (that's Harley's terminology) that the SG/RG use for the electrical connection to the tri-bar light. The harness/connector is probably located under the left side cover coiled and zip tied. There should be a three wire connector on the end. If it's there, and it should be, you can install the tri-bar LED.

I checked the 2010 Touring Model Service Manual's wiring diagrams and while there are many differences in the rear lighting for Domestic and international models, the main wiring harness for your bike should have the needed tour pak harness mentioned above.

Good luck with your project. By the way, if there is no light in the fender fascia, what fills the three slots where the LED light would go on a US model?

Carl

The following users liked this post:
xvirgo73 (06-08-2018)
Old 03-31-2010, 03:55 PM
royston
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Royston, the run/brake tri-bar light you identified is a simple swap on a U.S. 2010 Street Glide/Road Glide and uses the same electrical connector. It's different from the OEM tri-bar light because it adds a brake light circuit to the LED.

Check your bike for the tour pak wiring harness (that's Harley's terminology) that the SG/RG use for the electrical connection to the tri-bar light. The harness/connector is probably located under the left side cover coiled and zip tied. There should be a three wire connector on the end. If it's there, and it should be, you can install the tri-bar LED.

I checked the 2010 Touring Model Service Manual's wiring diagrams and while there are many differences in the rear lighting for Domestic and international models, the main wiring harness for your bike should have the needed tour pak harness mentioned above.

Good luck with your project. By the way, if there is no light in the fender fascia, what fills the three slots where the LED light would go on a US model?

Carl
hey, Thanks to all you guys for help and responding in so much detail, one day I hope to repay your time as it is always appreciated.
I got under the bike just now to see what layout I had, one thing of note, (the bike is only a few weeks old), is that there is a sticker on the underside of the fender that amongst other things says "HDI/Home".
Anyway it would seem that from the combined turn signals/Run/stop light set up there is a common group of wires that run into the block that sits behind the "tri light" fascia, mine by the way is simply a smoked/clear type lens with a void behind. From this are come a single wire /cable that then goes up along the fender and it wouyld seem go off to the relevent switches and fuse board , I cant seem to locate any spare plug unless this hidden in the "void" behind the tri light fascia which clearly houses some connections.....any further thoughts appreciated, I think I may have a go at opening up that void over the next day or two to have a look it seems a simple "snap" fit ..
Cheers and once again many thanks to you all.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 PM
mrtman
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royston - did you get your tribar wokring?

If yes, what is the solution?
I have the same problem.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TriBar Blues

Hi Guys

New to the forum but not to Harleys - I've had my 2010 SG for a couple of weeks now and bought the TriBar upgrade to get the neat Stateside look - I fitted the new light assembly and, as has been stated, the new unit contains a PCB with LED array (the original is just an empty housing). However, on putting it all back together and making the connections I now have this:
The TriBar lamp illuminates and intensifies as the brake lever/pedals are operated
The right hand rear lamp does not illuminate at all
The left hand rear lamp illuminates in brakelight intensity and the indicator stays on. Both remain static until the ignition is switched off
Neither lamps act as flashing indicators

Before removing it all again I checked with Robin Hood, the dealer who sold me the assembly, whether there was a software tweak that would set it up correctly, but apparently there isn't.
.......so rather than raving it all off again (it takes an hour to swap) I'm looking for a... 'ahem, bodge to get it working correctly. Happy to cut the dam thing up to do this as I don't want to go back to the sad old non-illuminated original.

Any electronics experts out there?

Harleyriv

Quick Reply: Touring tailight part number 67774-10