Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might buy a '10 Street Glide this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 02:14 PM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Might buy a '10 Street Glide this weekend

I might go ahead and trade my bike in on a new Street Glide. What kind of extras, etc. should I negotiate into the deal? The one I'm looking at has ABS and Cruise and Black for $21K.

I'm thinking they should do the 1K service for free. Anything else I should demand?

Joe

Old 04-08-2010, 02:28 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

good luck "demanding" anything, i suspect the Stealer will get just what he needs...

Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM
REVDOGGY
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joewg3
I might go ahead and trade my bike in on a new Street Glide. What kind of extras, etc. should I negotiate into the deal? The one I'm looking at has ABS and Cruise and Black for $21K.

I'm thinking they should do the 1K service for free. Anything else I should demand?

Joe
I'm thinking you should be getting that bike for $20,000 or under I would call some dealers in your area first.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Not trying to sway your decision one way or the other but have you thought of getting an Electra Glide Classic? Same bike and you get a lot more for the money. I bought my 2010 EGC with ABS and cruise for $19,500. You can take the tour pack off if you don't need it and put on a short smoked windshield and have a street glide. Just a thought, 21k for a Street Glide seems high to me but f your happy that's all that matters.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:59 PM
pilgrim08
Tourer

Originally Posted by hoethree
good luck "demanding" anything, i suspect the Stealer will get just what he needs...

Old 04-08-2010, 03:06 PM
grizzwold
Tourer

Originally Posted by REVDOGGY
I'm thinking you should be getting that bike for $20,000 or under I would call some dealers in your area first.
I agree. I just sat on a Vivd Black SG yesterday at my local dealership in Jersey. It had ABS and Cruise and it came in at just under 20k.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:19 PM
cuzkee
Advanced

I paid for my Vivid Black 10 SG last week. Got it for 19,500. At the time I added Stage III 103 kit, Rinehart 2 n 2 pipes, and Lindbar.

Watch out when they put you in "the room" to sign the papers......Tire warranty, service warranty, gap insurance, life insurance, that think of the name of the thing that allows you to call the cops if your bike move (brain fart), and who knows what else.

You think you got a deal, then if you choose at the other stuff, your bike just went up 9k!

Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

got a great deal on my 2010 FLTRX with all the options (cruise, ABS, Security) out the door price was $20,800.00

Old 04-08-2010, 04:03 PM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like I'll have to pass on this "deal" then. I rounded up to $21K. It's more like $20.5ish, but that's still a grand more than what you guys are paying. They have some 1% financing going so they won't deal much off the MSRP. They might give me $10K on my trade-in. I figure I might not get much more than that on selling my '01 RK outright.

Maybe I should just slam a detachable fairing on mine and buy a tourpack. I dig my bike, especially since putting the apes on, but I'm getting tired of trying to keep it running. I took it in because I can't figure out why it's stalling at warm idle. I've been through half a dozen potential fixes with no luck. I told them to dyno it and get it tuned/mapped correctly. Maybe that's it. I just don't want to drop another $1000 into this just to dump more into it later. I want to ride, not wrench!

Thanks for the help guys. I do like the idea of the Electra Glide Classic and stripping it. I dig the lights, fenders, and how low the SG is. I guess it's probably easier to turn an EG into an SG than the other way around. And I'm not fond of the 2-1, but it's not a deal breaker.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:15 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

keep us posted...

Quick Reply: Might buy a '10 Street Glide this weekend