Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more HARSH Ultra Classic ride!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:16 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

true...............I'm still trying to find the wobble/instability going thru corners on my Road Glide and it's been 3 years.......????????

Old 04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ashmarc
Glad you like your new ride.......not to be argumentative but, I've had my Ultra for almost 4 years and love the stock rideability (is that a word?).
I'm sure rideablity is a word now, it's really gonna catch on. Kind of like functionality or eatery. Kind of a yuppi nerd word for someone trying to use big words or sound educated. Not referring to you of course.

Is there a web site for these shocks?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:38 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sancho
Kind of a yuppi nerd word. Not referring to you of course.
Awesome!! Yuppie is a word that I have never been referred to by......

.......lots of others though, mostly 4 letter words.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:14 PM
frydaddy96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'd be nice to be able to try a set for a while to see what, if any difference there is for those of us that are happy with the ride we have. Read great things about the Ricor 'Intiminators'. Got a set and there is a difference in the front front end but not an OMG how could I have lived without them. IMHO you have to be a high performance rider to notice a BIG difference in shocks. Thats why I say it'd be nice to try, just to see if there is any diff.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:22 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 51 Likes on 33 Posts

$1041.00 for a pair of motorcycle shocks? You guys are crazy.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

With the additional power I've added, I definately need help up front with my forks. I'm trying to decide which way to go, Race Tech or Ricor Intimidators. The Works Steel Tracker rear shocks helped a ton compared to stock, but I'm sure a little more rebound dampening would be helpful when I'm riding agressive. The bike gets pretty unsettled charging through a sweeping turn at speed especially if the road is uneven or has some bumps. I added the progressive suspension rear link which also helped a great deal. I'm wondering at what point the rear isolators should be replaced. I know the bike's large and a touring platform. Even after I get it sorted out, it will have cornering clearance limitations but the suspension will work the way it should. I know I'll probably see ohlins in my future.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:04 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

if you think your ultra rode harsh, then you really don't want to ride a streetglide. they have noticeably less suspension travel in the rear than the ultra.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:31 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I must have a different type of Ultra than you,because mine is smooooooooooth!

Old 04-11-2010, 05:40 AM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 5'10" and 195 lbs. My 09 Ultra bottomed out over harsh bumps with heavy rebound until I put 38 psi in the shocks--Beeyootifuuullllll ride now!
This is one up with small load.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:49 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through (and rather expensive) route of trying to find the best shock for my FLHTC...tried Progressives...too stiff. Tried Ohlins...once again too stiff. Went to Alden air shocks...looks cool when I could slam the bike....but once again too stiff!

Finally found a set of shocks that work for my style of riding...my original stock shocks. Yes with all of their warts, I could have saved a bunch of money had I stayed with them :-)

Quick Reply: No more HARSH Ultra Classic ride!!