Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I am unemployed and bored- so I am starting a blog about baggers! Need Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 02:02 PM
F.T.P
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I am unemployed and bored- so I am starting a blog about baggers! Need Suggestions

Like the headline says, I need a hobby other than riding and buying crap for my bikes, so I am starting a blog about baggers. I have blogged some in the past about various subjects and know that to be successful you need input from the people who know more about the subject than you - and by that I mean you guys.

I am not here to spam either, nowhere will you find a link to this blog because I am still gathering content and will let the search engines do their thing. To that end though I would like to know what you would like to see. I am thinking tech tips, history, photos, ride reports, reviews - stuff like that. But I would like your suggestions.

Also, I would like to highlight some of the awesome bikes I see here. It's not American Bagger magazine or anything but I really think that some off the cool stuff I see here would be helpful to others so if you are interested in providing photos and info about your bike I will post it up.

This is going to be just a hobby for me, and although I have time, my budget is 0. I see a lot off grass roots type chopper stuff out there and I want to do something similar but for the bikes I ride, baggers. Thanks for any input!

Old 04-16-2010, 05:20 PM
F.T.P
Advanced

nada?

Old 04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,023 Likes on 1,740 Posts

I think you're on the right track with tech tips and ride reports as well as product reviews.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:04 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 755 Likes on 478 Posts

i like your idear. i have a nice photo of me and the fugally bike on top of redman pass out in colorado if you want it,, and i would like to read your blog pm me a link when your ready. hell heres the picture now if its what your looking for.

Attached Thumbnails So I am unemployed and bored- so I am starting a blog about baggers! Need Suggestions-dsc_0144.jpg   So I am unemployed and bored- so I am starting a blog about baggers! Need Suggestions-dsc_0145.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 06:08 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

Ride review would be the most useful in my opinion. Pick a few guys here and there to write about there area rides. Mags all hit major rally's and a few lifetime trips that are fun to dream about but few get to do. Throw that in with the tech tips and real life product reviews.......... PM me the link would love to check out. Would have been cool if you where close to get together but your from NOWHERE. LOL

Last edited by bruce sg08; 04-16-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:10 PM
h01waterman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like to live vicariously through other people. It would be great to have another source of touring stories. To me it is cool to hear about a ride that gets you somewhere other than the starting point after three hours of riding. Don't get me wrong I am happy that I get to ride often. I just wish that I could also RIDE FAR.

I would rather ride mine than work on it....

Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 PM
F.T.P
Advanced

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03
i like your idear. i have a nice photo of me and the fugally bike on top of redman pass out in colorado if you want it,, and i would like to read your blog pm me a link when your ready. hell heres the picture now if its what your looking for.
Thanks for the replies! I ride the exact same bike, 03 road glide? What have you done to it?

Old 04-17-2010, 12:12 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recommended rides is a great option, but especially adding tips like great places to stay, campsites, pubs and greasy spoons. Adding an international dimension to the trips would make it appealing from a personal perspective

Old 04-17-2010, 09:19 PM
YtseJam
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like a good idea...especially if it keeps you busy during a crappy time! Not sure what I can contribute, but would be glad to. LMK...

Old 04-17-2010, 09:46 PM
j michael
Novice

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
Recommended rides is a great option, but especially adding tips like great places to stay, campsites, pubs and greasy spoons. Adding an international dimension to the trips would make it appealing from a personal perspective
Yep that one!

Quick Reply: So I am unemployed and bored- so I am starting a blog about baggers! Need Suggestions