Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QQ Thunder Monster baffles

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default QQ Thunder Monster baffles

Just installed QQ Monster baffles on an 09 Ultra. Been running Bub 7's with baffles. I'm still trying to decide what I think...

I LOVED the sound of my baffled Bub 7 slipons! DEEP potato sound and much louder than stock. I just wished they were a little louder.

QQ Monster baffles don't look like much but I guess I'd say I'm impressed. NO DECEL at all but definite rumble when you let off on throttle and downshift. I tried to make'em pop and couldn't. Kuddos to Thunder Monster on that. Definitely louder. I got what I wanted as far as noise. Not quite as much noise as strait pipes and also deeper that strait pipes. Again, kuddos to TM. I noticed NO performance loss at any speed or gear so again kuddos to TM. Did sound a bit tinny though.

The part the jury is still out on is whether loudness is more important to me or deep rumble is more important to me. I guess both is impossible. I could start cutting the baffles back I suppose. Since TM's are doing the job performance wise I could cut baffles back at will and only be affecting sound. Since baffles ran length of muffler body I don't know which end to start cutting. I also suppose I could put a strait pipe through the hallow Bub 7. Keep more heat away from the beautiful Bub 7's but I don't know what affect on sound that will have. Thinking about calling Bub and seeing how much baffles cost cuz I'm not sure enough yet that I want to start cutting down the baffles.

I know I rambled a bit here guys. Wanted to help anyone out as much as I could that was considering their own changes and at the same time provide enough info for lots of feedback that might be helpful.

Jeff

Old 04-25-2010, 06:55 PM
jdiamondv
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am on the fence with the same issues, i have a 07 egc with vance and hines true duels and screaming eagles mufflers. i can't decide to go with QQ or the originals.It seems its 50/50 like/dislike on the forum and with no return privilages its a expensive gamble. thanks for your response.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Jzabel
Tourer

i've got v&h big shots true duals and didn't even crank "Lucille" until i had the BC baffles. I have them on a set of big radius for "Jezzebell" and the damn thing would set off car alarms just idling .

BC Thunder baffles, jmo, are the only way to go.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:02 PM
jdiamondv
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jzabel
i've got v&h big shots true duals and didn't even crank "Lucille" until i had the BC baffles. I have them on a set of big radius for "Jezzebell" and the damn thing would set off car alarms just idling .

BC Thunder baffles, jmo, are the only way to go.
did you install the new QQ baffles or go with the original BC thunder baffles?

Old 04-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Jzabel
Tourer

I went with the Original Big City Thunder Baffles.

I was just commenting on the quality of them.

Anything by BC is good.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jdiamondv
i can't decide to go with QQ or the originals.It seems its 50/50 like/dislike on the forum and with no return privilages
I will tell you this: I talked to BC b4 purchasing and he said QQ's are the exact same baffle but with a cone welded to the end. Sooo...you could pay the extra for QQ's and if you decide you really wanted the original BC's you could cut off the cone and your set. Still kinda losing money in the scenario, but loosing $50 is not as bad.

That is another thing I am considering actually. I may cut the cone off and install half (less?) of my original baffles.

Once I start cutting there is really no turning back. Whether I'm cutting BC baffles, Bub baffles, or both. Measure twice, cut once my Daddy always says...