Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting a True Track and a review...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 06:52 PM
docsouce
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting a True Track and a review...

I picked up a true track on e-bay. I checked it out and the installation seems easy enough. The only question I have is on the adjustment of the rod ends. Seems to me that when the bike is up on the jack all I have to do is adjust the rod ends so they line up the threaded holes in the mounts apply a bit of lock-tite to the bolts and torque them in, that is that. I noticed when I did a google search that the maker says no adjustments are needed (on a new unit). Mine came apart in a box. Now I've done a wheel alignment and all is well there. Thought I should check before I put the thing on.. Oh, it's for my 05 RK Classic. I posted this on the Suspension section but there seems to be more interset here.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Adjusting a True Track

if yours is apart....put on both the tranny cap and then the dogbone...provided your bike is already aligned(probly is or you'd notice it catwalkin), adjust the heims til they are neutral for installation...put it on and lock it down...all done

Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
docsouce
Cruiser

Thanks. She's all lined up and the unit is on. I took it through an S curve on rte 95 near by. I used to have to back off to 65mph or so because the wooble bothered me.. I made 3 passes 65-70-75mph and that pain in the xxx wooble is gone... I' m going to have to put some miles on it to see how much the handling has changed but so far so good. If it wasn't for this forum I never would have found out about this thing. Good Stuff!!

Old 08-16-2006, 12:52 AM
AR4CE
Cruiser

Make sure the crossmember is straight- most aren't.