Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Quarters HQ-0034G or ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 11:24 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Head Quarters HQ-0034G

ORIGINAL: PhilM

I am very eager to see how they work out. May just turn out to be "one of those well kept secrets"....

Like I said, I'm alway looking for something better....
I was looking at all the different cams I'm considering, and I noticed that the S&S 510G and the HQ-0034G are almost identical. But people aren't reporting the big numbers with the 510's......they are getting good numbers but nothing like the 0034's got.

Steve

Old 08-20-2006, 11:28 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Wonderful, please let us know what you think of the TW26g's (in comparison to/the 204's) after you get em, ok?

BTW, if PhilM says it's so, it's so!

VicW.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, you said that the specs on the 2 cams were nearly identical. Could it be that results are similar as well? I wonder if we're seeing a sort of cyclic 'fad' w/the latest & greatest cams at a given time.

VicW.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:48 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sleeps In Trees

VicW.

Now.... THat's FUNNY!

hahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve ~ check in the dyno thread for Buttmans dyno sheet. He has 510's & pretty respectable #'s. I've ridden that bike.... It RUNS! THere is as much to the tuner as to the parts....

Old 08-21-2006, 06:51 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Yes, this time I'm going to a Dynojet approved tuner, which is our local HD dealer.

I'm pretty much set on the HQ-0034 if I stay with 88", if I go with 95" I might go with the Andrews 37G since I'll be around 9.5:1 - 9.8:1.

Man........these decisions are tough.

Anyone in the Southern Maine area who has knowledge of doing the cam change/big bore kit want to give me a hand when I'm ready? Beers and Pizza on me.......and allot of laughs.

Steve

Old 08-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sleeps In Trees

Mr. Wonderful, please let us know what you think of the TW26g's (in comparison to/the 204's) after you get em, ok?

VicW.
I sure will, Vic. Going to be a little while.....I should get the parts on Thursday or Friday and I leave for Monument Valley on Tuesday for a 6 day tour. If the bike just runs as good with the TW26 cams as it does with the 204's, I'll be pleased. But as I understand it, the gear drive adds some HP and better throttle response. I see you have a similar set up. You like it? I had pretty much made up my mind and Phil underscored my decision......experience always counts in my book.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:53 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Does anyone know of a cheap price on the S&S gear set & Installation kit? How about good adjustable pushrods?

I'm going to order the HQ-0034G cams direct from Head Quarters, but I'm not sure about the S&S gear set and installation kit.

How are the SE adjustable pushrods? If they are good, I can order them from Zanotti's when I order the pistons.

Steve

Old 08-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I ordered my parts from Direct Parts 1-800-368-6217 talked to Sam Ingram. They are in Tuscon, AZ.

I bought the S&S Cam Gear Drive Kit for $336.59, the Andrews Gear Drive Installation kit for $44.99, and Andrews TW26 Gear Drive cams for $250.93

Call Sam and tell him what you are doing and to what and he will assist. He probably won't care whose cams you are using, but tell him anyway. He is extremely helpful. The Andrews GD Install kit will probably work with Headquarter's Cams? I don't know. Sam would. He can help you with the pushrods, too. Get some GOOD ones.....you DON'T want them "readjusting" on the road. I'm using my solid ones...

Paul

Old 08-22-2006, 09:32 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr Wonderful

you DON'T want them "readjusting" on the road. I'm using my solid ones...
The stock "solid" pushrods are fine, as long as nothing changes height-wise ~ same gaskets, heads (un-milled), rocker arms, etc..... THe S/E adjustable pushrods are good. I've used them in just about every motor I've ever built. THey are $108 from Zanotti....

Old 08-22-2006, 10:13 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PhilM

The stock "solid" pushrods are fine, as long as nothing changes height-wise ~ same gaskets, heads (un-milled), rocker arms, etc..... THe S/E adjustable pushrods are good. I've used them in just about every motor I've ever built. THey are $108 from Zanotti....
What is the part number for the SE ones?

Steve

Quick Reply: Head Quarters HQ-0034G or ????