Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headset - Advanced Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 PM
va7thson
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth/HDBOMM

OK new to this forum thing and this site and have already discovered that there may be 100's of comments on this already out there.
I just ordered the HDBOMM. Sounds as if it will work for my desires.
What I'm really waiting for is Bluetooth headset that ties this all together. I find the cord to the tank at times starts doing loops as I ride.
Let me have my cake and ice cream. CB,itercom,radio,and phone without a cord to my tankDon't care if I can hear the garmin or not...

I ride to work and work to ride...

Old 07-09-2010, 09:07 PM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might try Sierra Motorcycle Electronics. They are a dealer for the IMC intercom / headsets. If I was told correctly, IMC is the one who makes the HD Boom! Audio.

Although I've not had much luck PMing him, you might also try and PM the IMC vendor / sponsor here on this forum.

Billy G

Old 07-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used this from http://www.hdbomm.com/ to get mine to work.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:27 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a J&M system on my '06 Goldwing that worked very well.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:45 PM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What I'm looking for is some way to get my HD system with the built in ptt button to work with an external gmrs radio. IMC has told me that they will be coming out with some kind of solution for this, but now they say it will not be until next year. Everyone I ride with has an older bike that they put aftermarket gmrs kits in with a strap on ptt button, and plugs for headsets. But I already have the ptt and the plugs for the headsets and don't want to have to put a second set of everything on my bike. So far I have not found anything that will work, but still looking.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 AM
daviswe
Stage IV
Default Phone/BT GPS

You will need a voice signal from the bike when you pair a phone with the GPS. Garmin BT GPS units typically have a mic input jack (2.5mm) and an audio output jack, stereo (3.5mm). Easy enough to pair the phone and hear callers and voice nav and music and XM radio etc from the GPS, but there's got to be a mic signal for it. EdSets.com has a mic signal splitter to do that job, inexpensive, but you will need to tap two wires under the seat to make it happen... Once it is installed, your HD or other headset will have phone, nav, address book, touch screen dialing and call management, as well as GPS music player, XM, WX, etc, on top of bike's Intercom and CB. This is probably the most cost effective and safest way to bring a phone to the bike using headsets. The safety comes from the ability to work the phone from the GPS touchscreen like a heads-up display. Safer than fiddling with a phone!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:36 PM
jwpa13
1st Gear
Default ED-sets mic splitter

a company called Edsets makes just what you need. its a simple 2.5mm pin that plugs into the garmin 550 mount on the left side. the attached cable is run to the red and black wires microphone wires under the seat that are part of the 9 wire set that runs out of your headset plug-in. they provide 2 clips that clamp the wires together. you can then pair you Bluetooth phone to the garmin 550 and when a call comes in touch the answer "button" that come up on the 550's screen and you b talking. you DO NOT push the PTT button or you'll be talking on the CB. the mike is always "hot" so you just dial a number, or receive a call and talk normally.

I had one on my Goldwing (EDSETS make a plug and play unit for that bike).