Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing fairing for RK who's is best

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:23 AM
subsailormarc
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Batwing fairing for RK who's is best

I'm considering getting a batwing fairing for my RK, for the longer trips. I don't ride with a windshield except for long trips now, and though the batwing looks better and might provide a little more protection.

Anyways looking for some opinions on what brands are better than others, and stuff like that. Thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 01:41 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

This particular subject has come up quite a few times on the touring forum. You can do a search and get pages and pages of info. The three top choices of the forum tend to be (in no particular order) Dragonfly, DeadCenter and Woodys. I originally bought a Dragonfly because I thought they had the best looking inner fairing. Dragonfly mounts their speakers from the inside, and I think it gives the fairing the most factory looking appearance.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...u-fairing.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-bat-king.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...s-fairing.html

Last edited by Mike; 05-28-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:54 AM
subsailormarc
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, looks like we have the same ride. Mines getting cruise installed on it as we speak. Again thanks for the info.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:19 AM
Watch Guy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Depends a lot on your budget.

I ended up with the Memphis Shades Batwing. There is no console behind the fairing for any radio or speakers. I can adjust the angle of mine and it has the quick detach feature the same as the Harley windshield so I can change them out easily. There are quite a few on ebay to see as well. Good luck in your search.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:36 AM
Jebster
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For quality, price, and most important, customer service... Glenn Wood will take his time answering all questions you may have, he is also a member here too.. http://woodysfairings.com/

Old 05-28-2010, 06:09 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want tunes, the ability to LOCK your fairing on your forks, quality spot on paint matching, GREAT customer service and uncomprimised fit and finish, Dead Center Fairings are going to be hard to beat. Take a look in my albums, there are some pics of my Road King with the DC fairing on it..Do a search, there are LOADS of threads also.
Let us know what you decide and post some pics of your project too!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:21 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Take a look at Hoppe. A buddy has the Quadzilla and is very happy with it.

The following users liked this post:
Spikehorn (01-27-2017)
Old 05-28-2010, 07:29 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Tons of posts on here about RK fairings. I run a Woody's myself. Don't let the locking feature be a deal breaker. Mine doesn't have a lock, and it can't be removed without tools. Plus, I've yet to hear of anyone having a fairing stolen. Woody's, Hoppe, Deadcenter and Dragonfly are the best out there, not neccesarily in that order. Seems everyone's favorite is the one they happen to have.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:34 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
Tons of posts on here about RK fairings. I run a Woody's myself. Don't let the locking feature be a deal breaker. Mine doesn't have a lock, and it can't be removed without tools. Plus, I've yet to hear of anyone having a fairing stolen. Woody's, Hoppe, Deadcenter and Dragonfly are the best out there, not neccesarily in that order. Seems everyone's favorite is the one they happen to have.
If you've never heard of anyone's fairing being lifted, read some of the police accounts from some of the larger rallies...As far as best that is subjective, BUT, if you want tunes, Woody's isn't in the running...Hoppe, DCF, and Dragonfly are though. Also you can get DC 20% off from Rice Lake HD on most days.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:08 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

As I said, you can't get mine off without tools. And if someone is gonna take the time to get tools out, the lock on the other fairing isn't gonna slow them down. And I'm not sure what you mean by the Woody's and tunes? I have tunes in mine, and for a lot damn cheaper than some of the others.

Quick Reply: Batwing fairing for RK who's is best