Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about tune with CFR's and aftermarket header

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 06:38 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rick
I have the CFR's with their dual headers as well as pcv mapped by fuelmoto.Bike runs fine not too hot at all.I've had this setup now about a yr or more.I did have a stumble when i first got the slipons using the stock headers.I've never tuned so i cant say anything about what results could be,hard to tune is what ive allways heard about these pipes.But my bike is riding fine as is w/o tune.no complaints.
How much did you pay for those headers and where?

Originally Posted by neano62
So will I be alrite w/stage 1 download, Scream-N-Eagle Heavy Breather, stock Head pipe, and CFR's? I'm running ReinHarts now, but want some more NOISE! CFR's are freakn Awesome. I'm just leary of the set up I have now,.... and it workn out w/CFR's.
That's pretty much the same set up I have and have no issues. As for the download, I have no idea because I have a PC-5. Before I got my CFR's, I asked a few members about their tune and some even sent it to me. I'm currently running Frenchbiker's tune he sent me and it has worked great.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:42 AM
neano62
Tourer

Appreciate the info! Is there anyway ya can post a sound clip? I'm running reinharts now and would love to hear the CFR's w/stock head pipe. Aint nobody around the Tri-State area w/this set up. Been to every bike night there is and cant find NOBODY w/them.. Have you heard Yaffe's "RED SLED"? He hollowed out the Baffles and Man,... THEY ARE LOUD!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 AM
neano62
Tourer
Old 07-03-2010, 08:10 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Appreciate the info! Is there anyway ya can post a sound clip? I'm running reinharts now and would love to hear the CFR's w/stock head pipe. Aint nobody around the Tri-State area w/this set up. Been to every bike night there is and cant find NOBODY w/them.. Have you heard Yaffe's "RED SLED"? He hollowed out the Baffles and Man,... THEY ARE LOUD!
The sound is bad@ss but too bad@ss for my taste. The standard CFRs are not obnoxiously loud like these. They have a very deep/low tone rumble.
The stock CFR baffles are made of a sort of honeycomb sheetmetal, and they cover completely the inside walls of the mufflers. They are not in the center and you can see through the mufflers.

You're far from Pittsburgh?

Last edited by frenchbiker; 07-03-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:32 AM
neano62
Tourer

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
The sound is bad@ss but too bad@ss for my taste. The standard CFRs are not obnoxiously loud like these. They have a very deep/low tone rumble.
The stock CFR baffles are made of a sort of honeycomb sheetmetal, and they cover completely the inside walls of the mufflers. They are not in the center and you can see through the mufflers.

Frenchbiker, I'm bout 5-6 hrs. from the "Burgh". I'm 40 minutes N. of Cincy. Got the Sound Clip, and were able to download w/no problem. So,... I will annouce it rite here, I'm sure Drew wont mind cause he's gonna get my order for the CFR's I will sell my Reinharts to whoever wants them. They are "PERFECT" and the first $400.00 takes them. I'll pay for the shipping! PM me w/your info., and there yours!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:34 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Damn, that sounds bad@$$!

How exactly did he hollow out the baffle? What I mean is what would be the process? I thought the CFR's were straight through?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:10 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker

These sound pretty much like mine do.Do realize that in the clip the bike is in a garage so the sound is going to be louder.

Last edited by rick; 07-06-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

These sound pretty much like mine do. Do realize that in the clip the bike is in a garage so the sound is going to be louder.
Good point. I didn't think of the garage.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:31 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

These sound pretty much like mine do.Do realize that in the clip the bike is in a garage so the sound is going to be louder.
Rick

How much did you pay for the CFR header and where did you get it?

Also, did you have to tune after adding the header? Are you running a Fuelmoto tune or...................

Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe the headers were the same price as the slipons maybe a little less.I had fuelmoto send me another map when i added the headers.Actually they gave me a map when i got the pcv with slipons only,added the headers even before i recvd the pcv and they just resent me a map.

Quick Reply: Questions about tune with CFR's and aftermarket header