Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Country people what is the best way to wash your harley

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 01:31 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had my bike now for 1600 miles and it has never been washed with soap and water. I use Harley Spray Cleaner and Polish after riding and letting the bike cool down. This stuff works great an leaves a nice polish shine on the paint. I just use it with a good quality microfiber towel.

Here's a link to it:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/dwp/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96roadking
That all depends on which country.......
True True

Old 07-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Twist n Smoke
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon for the country folk. Maybe a lil Makers Mark too.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:20 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,218 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Country style bike wash

Wife/girlfriend/cousin soaps up the bike in a white bikini while I patiently wait with the water hose to rinse it (them) off. The job is somewhat less tiring when done from a lawn chair. More experienced riders are able to hold a beer and do the rinsing off simultaneously.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:30 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I just park mine behind a cow with a bladder control problem.

That there pizz will eat the grime offa anything. Of course it's always wise to stick a tator in their azz to avoid any unforeseen accidents

Last edited by carpetride; 07-12-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:07 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Uncle Versy, after dippin his bucket in the well, used to find him a racoon, preferably one that wasnt kickin, and use it to wipe off the grit and grime. After dippin it into the bucket of course. We didnt have no air compressor like they do nowadays. He'd just ride it. Fast as he could through the hills, fenders ratlin. You could hear him commin - wapity-whapity, down the road he'd come. Folks would part ways pretty fast when old Versy would come through.
One day in Yazoo city, we had a fire...
Well, thats another story.

There was Arnel, Raynel, Onel, Lanel, Claude, Neugene and Clovis all wantin a ride on that bike.
Now uncle Versy put Clovis on the back seat cause he was the biggest. Clovis was fat, he loved to eat. Anyway he put Arnel up on the handlebars and Raynel on the tank in front of him.
Down the road the road they went on the way to town. Down out of those hills, people could hear them commin on that bike into town.
About that time there was fire at the feed store. It was dry summer. Couldn’t no body draw up enough water to put the fire out.
So there was the whole town standing around the store sobbin. When they heard uncle Versy and his motorcycle commin into town loud as ever. Well they parted cause he was commin pretty fast. He rode right past everybody – right up into the burning building.
Ahhhhhh – they went to jumpin around off that bike, slapping the fire around em. Uncle Versy pulled off his jacket and the kids used their hats slapping at the fire. Soon they slapped the fire out. They put it clean out.
Well the whole town gathered around and took up a collection.
They wanted to present it to Uncle Versy for his courageous act and the Ledbetter kids, they were the hero’s that’s day.
The mayor gathered people around and went to presenting the collection to Uncle Versy for his courageous act.
He asked uncle Versy what he would do with the money now that he got it?
Uncle Versy replied – the first thing I’m gonna do is get the brakes fixed on that motorcycle 

Last edited by rocknrod; 07-12-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 140 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by wlibert
I have had my bike now for 1600 miles and it has never been washed with soap and water. I use Harley Spray Cleaner and Polish after riding and letting the bike cool down. This stuff works great an leaves a nice polish shine on the paint. I just use it with a good quality microfiber towel.

Here's a link to it:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/dwp/g...bmLocale=en_US
I wash my bike just like my car, with a bucket of soapy water and a hose. After some of my road trips thats the only way to get the bike clean. I treat it like any other motor vehicle.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:31 PM
blackswampbiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rocknrod
Uncle Versy, after dippin his bucket in the well, used to find him a racoon, preferably one that wasnt kickin, and use it to wipe off the grit and grime. After dippin it into the bucket of course. We didnt have no air compressor like they do nowadays. He'd just ride it. Fast as he could through the hills, fenders ratlin. You could hear him commin - wapity-whapity, down the road he'd come. Folks would part ways pretty fast when old Versy would come through.
One day in Yazoo city, we had a fire...
Well, thats another story.

There was Arnel, Raynel, Onel, Lanel, Claude, Neugene and Clovis all wantin a ride on that bike.
Now uncle Versy put Clovis on the back seat cause he was the biggest. Clovis was fat, he loved to eat. Anyway he put Arnel up on the handlebars and Raynel on the tank in front of him.
Down the road the road they went on the way to town. Down out of those hills, people could hear them commin on that bike into town.
About that time there was fire at the feed store. It was dry summer. Couldn’t no body draw up enough water to put the fire out.
So there was the whole town standing around the store sobbin. When they heard uncle Versy and his motorcycle commin into town loud as ever. Well they parted cause he was commin pretty fast. He rode right past everybody – right up into the burning building.
Ahhhhhh – they went to jumpin around off that bike, slapping the fire around em. Uncle Versy pulled off his jacket and the kids used their hats slapping at the fire. Soon they slapped the fire out. They put it clean out.
Well the whole town gathered around and took up a collection.
They wanted to present it to Uncle Versy for his courageous act and the Ledbetter kids, they were the hero’s that’s day.
The mayor gathered people around and went to presenting the collection to Uncle Versy for his courageous act.
He asked uncle Versy what he would do with the money now that he got it?
Uncle Versy replied – the first thing I’m gonna do is get the brakes fixed on that motorcycle 

As hard as it is to believe, I learned something from that post..........................Who in the hell knew racoons kicked?????

Old 07-12-2010, 04:47 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 96roadking
That all depends on which country.......
The rain in Spain, fall mainly on the plain bikes.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:42 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by blackswampbiker
As hard as it is to believe, I learned something from that post..........................Who in the hell knew racoons kicked?????
Try pickin one up - they'll kick yur azz

Quick Reply: Country people what is the best way to wash your harley