Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car tire....mmmm...Dark side section

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 07:29 AM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Car tire....mmmm...Dark side section

Folks,

I can't believe how many people have had a positive reaction to this car tire in my RK. Judging from the posts and emails I got, eventually we will need a separate "Dark Side" section, lol.

Regards,

Old 07-13-2010, 07:32 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Maybe we could call it..."Nothin like Dark meat" or once you go "Dark" you will never go back!! LOL.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TooEasy
Folks,

I can't believe how many people have had a positive reaction to this car tire in my RK. Judging from the posts and emails I got, eventually we will need a separate "Dark Side" section, lol.

Regards,
Although the % of CT users is still anecdotal, and it's even lower amongst HD owners, I think it would make sense............. in 5 years? <g>

Old 07-13-2010, 07:54 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I don't know about a section, you should all be sectioned!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:06 AM
bryanklay
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am all for it. i will become a darksider and will be proud of it
Bryan

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Tazzrider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently went bike shopping. Tested out a Roadliner with a CT on the rear. Took me about 4 turns to realize, it handled like a dream in the turns. Obviously this is based on the tire used. It looked to be a sport radial with about a 2"radius at the tread edges. Smooth as silk when turning slow or fast. I'm sold. When the time comes, I'll gladly spend less $'s for 3-5 times the mileage.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:48 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain

I was planning on waiting until I need to replace the rear tire but just ordered a tire on-line $100 shipped...I'll be a darksider in about a week...SWEEEEET

Old 07-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
Maybe we could call it..."Nothin like Dark meat" or once you go "Dark" you will never go back!! LOL.
Now that's funny...lol. I remember a black guy at work one time, telling me if I were black one Saturday night, I would never want to be white again....lmao

Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Ultrathunder
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, all who put CT on their bikes, more power to you, but for me ,Common sense prevails, CT are designed to roll down the road straight up and down, M/C tires are designed for all angles,but more so in the side walls, all it takes to have a M/C tire last 10-12k miles is to keep track of your air pressure,( thats Check it once a week ), I ride approx 15k miles a year and never have had a tire not last at least 10k miles, yes it gets costly, but my life is worth a lot more than a few bucks I would save, or the little ride comfort you that is claimed. As far as ride comfort, I cant see mine riding any better, with the right tire pressure in the tires and air shocks.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

Wow, this whole car tire vs motorcycle tire debate is almost as good as what oil to run!! I may do it on mine when I am ready for a tire, which will be a while since I changed jobs last fall and have a company truck to drive and don't use the bike to commute any more. It doesn't look like it would work on say a Dyna or Sportster or any type of sports bike, but on the cruisers you will drag frame or exhaust before you get up on the sidewall of a CT. I have seen many say they wouldn't do it, but I haven't seen any that have tried the CT say it wasn't great. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Car tire....mmmm...Dark side section