Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang seat for 2009RKC

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 AM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Exclamation Mustang seat for 2009RKC

Hey everyone I just found out that Mustang doesn't make a rear seat for the touring bikes with a handrail?????WTF...I bought my solo seat with backrest and I was going to place an order for the rear seat and yup they dont make it. OK why didn't someone tell me this before I bought my solo seat?? They said well if you would have ordered a one piece seat(front and rear) you would be ok. I said no chit...but I dont like that look all the time. I had a two piece set up for my wide glide. This company is falling apart...I just think this is crazy. And I wont be buying another seat from Mustang...I will just use my stock seat for my RKC for when I goto bike week and put my backrest on. Mustang ya need to get your chit together!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:22 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've always had a good relationship with Mustang. They've always been responsive to any problems. Did you buy directly from Mustang? I also noticed that their website states which touring seats and passenger pads work with the handrail and which one's don't.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoBoldRider
I've always had a good relationship with Mustang. They've always been responsive to any problems. Did you buy directly from Mustang? I also noticed that their website states which touring seats and passenger pads work with the handrail and which one's don't.

+1 I have had nothing but postive experiences with Mustang. In fact I bought my Mustang solo seat for the VTX from Craigslist and when I got it home I discovered that threads to the bracket were all jacked up. They sent me a new bracket and rivets to attach it to the seat, no questions asked even though they knew it was second hand.

I haven't had any saddle time on my RK yet but if I get the burn a Mustang will replace the stocker for sure

Old 09-07-2010, 11:42 AM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member

I actually went through an authorized dealer. But I did call the rep over at Mustang before I ordered my seat becuase like you in the past I have had a very good realtionship with them and asked her if this seat was like the one I had on my WG and she told me yes. I also mentioned later down theline I wanted to get a rear seat ...she never told me about Mustang doesnt make a rear seat for touring if you have a handrail and are riding a solo seat.
Lesson learned...I needed this rear seat for bikeotberfest...looks like I will be using my stock seat with my backrest.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member

I just got done chatting with Monstead (Mary) and she has the same bike as I do. She has Mustang vintage solo like me and a rear seat. She doesn't know what Mustang is talking about when they talk about "hand rails"...she has saddlebag guards and they are not an issue. So I am thinking I will be fine ordering my back seat. But what are handrails?

Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Some solo seats have a chromed welded large diameter(1/4") wire cage handrail system attached, I do believe Harley also offers their own version, my '09 catalog shows them on page 381, p/n 97026-09; I know Corbin also offers as does Kuryakyn.