Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance Company Customer Satisfaction Rankings

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by laduckslayer
The fine print shows they received the highest score (899); however, not included because of their restrictive nature. Feels good to belong to the club!!
for those that don't qualify to be members: please understand the requirements for membership - and the price we've paid. and it's just not the monthly premiums!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:15 AM
zam70
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You should care about how an insurance company treats a repair shop especially if you want the shop to care about your repair and work for YOU not them.

I have had them push substandard parts, refuse to pay for needed operations, insist on salvage parts on brand new cars, make the customer pay for a percentage of a replacement part (because it is newer than the one replaced), refuse proper paint application procedures, Refuse to tow a car to a preferred repair shop, prematurely kick customers out of rentals etc etc....

there's more to it than the friendly voice you talk to on the phone...
just sayin'...

Old 09-09-2010, 10:23 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by zam70
You should care about how an insurance company treats a repair shop especially if you want the shop to care about your repair and work for YOU not them.

I have had them push substandard parts, refuse to pay for needed operations, insist on salvage parts on brand new cars, make the customer pay for a percentage of a replacement part (because it is newer than the one replaced), refuse proper paint application procedures, Refuse to tow a car to a preferred repair shop, prematurely kick customers out of rentals etc etc....

there's more to it than the friendly voice you talk to on the phone...
just sayin'...
USAA did that to you? I hope you wrote the CEO and complained.

USAA has a good repore` with the shops. if a shop doesn't repair the vehicle correctly, uses inferior material or treats the customer in an unsatisfactory manner, USAA will drop them from their list of perferred providers. any shop I've used has bent over backwards to make sure I was happy with their service and that they stayed on USAA preferred list. after every occasion I've had to use a repair shop, USAA has sent me a survey.

Last edited by aviator; 09-09-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:48 AM
jasnusc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just so you all know this is only a Partial JD Power Survey.

This only measures the Claims portion not the Repair portion of the process. Their Complete Report will be coming out in a few months which includes the entire process not just 1/2 of it.

Just an FYI....

Old 09-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Brettcr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by aviator
USAA did that to you? I hope you wrote the CEO and complained.

USAA has a good repore` with the shops. if a shop doesn't repair the vehicle correctly, uses inferior material or treats the customer in an unsatisfactory manner, USAA will drop them from their list of perferred providers. any shop I've used has bent over backwards to make sure I was happy with their service and that they stayed on USAA preferred list. after every occasion I've had to use a repair shop, USAA has sent me a survey.

The only issue i had when trying to use USAA is that they didn't cover Motorcycles. They ran me through Progressive. So i didn't go with them.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:02 PM
zam70
Cruiser

USAA has not done all of those things - but some of them...read your policy carefully because alot of it, you agree to let them when you sign the policy

Like i said - it differs from area to area.

Old 09-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Aleslinger
Tourer

+1 on USAA. Great customer service and I can always understand the American accent.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:52 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

USAA has not done all of those things - but some of them...read your policy carefully because alot of it, you agree to let them when you sign the policy

Like i said - it differs from area to area.
that's bad that they used substandard parts, refused to pay for needed operations, insisted on salvage parts on brand new cars, made the customer pay for a percentage of a replacement part (because it is newer than the one replaced), refused proper paint application procedures, Refused to tow a car to a preferred repair shop, prematurely kicked customers out of rentals....

I guess I'm lucky I live in Texas. for 30 years they're done right by me. of course, in those 30 years, I've only made 3 claims.... wonder if that makes a difference???

sorry for your bad experience. I'm sure you complained, right? all the way up the chain?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
zam70
Cruiser

My insight comes from managing a body shop...not directly insured with them.
If you like your ins co, by all means keep them.
just know what your policy actually says, not just what it cost.

Old 09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

My insight comes from managing a body shop...not directly insured with them.
If you like your ins co, by all means keep them.
just know what your policy actually says, not just what it cost.
is your shop on USAA's preferred list?

Quick Reply: Insurance Company Customer Satisfaction Rankings