Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back from second California trip this year

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Back from second California trip this year

An old brother from the club showed up a couple of weeends ago. I had been wanting to ride to San Diego. Nine of us had ridden to San Francisco and up the PCH to Oregon in June. We ate some Mexican food, reminisced about June's ride and decided to split in the morning. We rode from the eastern slope of the Rockies through the four corners, down to Flagstaff Az. Then headed west, past the Grand Canyon, through Kingman and south along the Colorado River. A lot of resorts around Havasu and Parker. Went through Blythe and Brawley California where it was still 106 degrees. Left Brawley in the morning when it finally cooled off. Reached the beach at 9:30 in the morning. Fun time in San Diego. Have family there. Checked the bike and found that the new rear tire I'd bought in June was pretty well gone. Found another one in a little shop in Ocean Beach. Good to go.

Came back I-15 through Vegas and Utah. Traffic in Vegas is insane! Utah and Colorado were beautiful as always. The 'glide was amazing, just eats up the miles without any problems. Two trips to the ocean this summer and it just wants more. Well it officially turned to fall while I was on the road but close enough.

Back to reality, gotta do laundry, get the mail, mow the lawn and wash the bugs off the bike. There weren't that many bugs though.

I sure feel sorry for the people in all those cars I passed. They just don't know what they're missing.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:21 AM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a great trip!