Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide with black denim tour-pak

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:18 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I took my King pac off also and installed a chopped... wife and I have spent WEEKS on this bike and have made three 7K + coast to coast with plenty of room. I just like the looks better... I do wish I could add lights to the chopped but it really does not look possible...
have you tried getting a service manual and looking at the wire diag in the back - really helps a lot - I agree, good mech should not have a problem with this - be sure to take a CLOSE look at his work when you get it - make sure its NOT a mess.
Bike looks really sharp..

Old 06-26-2011, 01:22 PM
1LOWGLIDE
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sucha a nice set up

Old 06-26-2011, 01:24 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by SharkBite
. My only complaint is the suspension on my bike. It can be jarring hitting a bump. I've tried adjusting air and it doesn't help so I'm considering different shocks.
Welcome to the shitty world of HD shocks... I had the very same problem with my FLHTCI and finally went with Works shocks... Back and forth between progressive and works... very close.... spent time on the phone with both and Works won out because they would take time and talk to me.. Also, what I liked about them... they wanted to know the weight of rider and passanger and weight of luggage and what I was going for. I live in Turlock and they are just south of the grape vine in Southern Ca... Loaded up the bike (after I ordered the shocks and they were ready) arrived at their shop.. First went on a ride on local freeways to find a rough road for test ride (not hard in Southern Ca, lol) came back had them install the shocks and went back on that road - Big difference and the wife was happy and when shes happy - I am happy...
Never looked back..
good luck on your search

Old 08-02-2011, 03:28 PM
jjsw1283
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so im about to order a tour pak and all hardware including rear speakers. Only thing I need to find is a tourpak backrest that matches my seat. What did you use Shark?

Old 08-02-2011, 05:02 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,243 Likes on 2,475 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsw1283
Which style tour pak is it? Im confused on tour paks to be honest. In the moco p/a book, they have king, chopped, and razor paks. Never seen any in person, but just going off pics it looks like the king pak is bigger, and a chopped is smaller than what comes on factory Ultras. Im looking for regular sized ultra pak which is what yours looks like. Yeh let me know that part # when your home thanks. Also are you running the detachable rack?

Originally Posted by usmc3468
The "King" tour pak comes as standard equipment on Ultras.

The "Chopped" in about 3/4 the size of the "King"

The "Razor" is about 1/2 the size of the "Chopped" and can barley fit a cell phone in it.
just to reiterate and expand on what usmc said. the king tourpak is a 12'' base, the chopped is 9'', and the razor is 6''. there was a post on here from someone who said he put the razor on, put his raingear and a jacket and had 'room to spare'. but with the pic he posted, it looked pretty durn tight to me.

i had the chopped on my old bike, and found it to be a good match of 'sporty' and roomy. but then again, my wife rides her own bike so between us we had 4 saddlebags and a tourpak, so room was not a major concern.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
just to reiterate and expand on what usmc said. the king tourpak is a 12'' base, the chopped is 9'', and the razor is 6''. there was a post on here from someone who said he put the razor on, put his raingear and a jacket and had 'room to spare'. but with the pic he posted, it looked pretty durn tight to me.

i had the chopped on my old bike, and found it to be a good match of 'sporty' and roomy. but then again, my wife rides her own bike so between us we had 4 saddlebags and a tourpak, so room was not a major concern.
we have had a chopped pac on our flhtci now for 6 of its 7 years and made Many trips - three coast to coast - each of those over 7K miles and on the bike for up to 6 weeks.... had plenty of room for the two of us and

Last edited by harley0711; 08-02-2011 at 06:40 PM.