Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 01:50 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo38gn
I like it, I just ordered your 107 standard big bore kit with new extreme duty cylinders, 555 cam and power vision. Also went with the JP2 into 1 exhaust. I would have gone with your heads to, if ya had em ... but just can't wait. No biggie, I'm probably better off without them. I already have the SE air filter update. I'm installing in my 2009 FLHTCU with 10,000 miles on it ... Can I expect the same HP\torque numbers with this same tune.
Your combo should be right in there Thank you for your order!

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 05-21-2020, 07:37 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

Those are impressive numbers for no more than it involves and using stock heads. I'd be curious what numbers I would get with the intake and exhaust I'm currently running.....or maybe I should just save up and get your 110" Outlaw kit this next winter.

Last edited by Jaystn62; 05-21-2020 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Made a mistake
Old 06-15-2020, 04:01 PM
anothernewb
Tourer
Received 180 Likes on 100 Posts

Anyone running any of the S&S easy start cams and a big bore kit? I am thinking of getting one, but would like to not have to worry about compression releases. Would be interesting to see if that would work.

Last edited by anothernewb; 06-15-2020 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:50 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,511 Likes on 4,066 Posts

Originally Posted by anothernewb
Anyone running any of the S&S easy start cams and a big bore kit? I am thinking of getting one, but would like to not have to worry about compression releases. Would be interesting to see if that would work.

I have the FuelMoto 124" Street Outlaw engine... At 124" displacement and 10.6:1 compression, it comes with S&S easy start cams (635 HO Easy Starts)....

I have absolutely no issues with the engine turning over and starting right up...

Old 06-15-2020, 07:54 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Call Fuel Moto. I'm sure they'll answer your questions and point you in the right direction. I talked with one of their engine builders last Thursday and pulled the trigger on a set of Woods TW 555 cams with the complete install kit today. Plus they are sending me a custom map for my combination.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:22 AM
anothernewb
Tourer
Received 180 Likes on 100 Posts

I did call yesterday and talk to Tony. His suggestion was the 570 cam with the big bore kit. The more I dig into it, the deeper the rabbit hole goes with cam profiles. Initially I was sold on the big bore. but now I'm starting to wonder if I should get a cam and some small head work since I am honestly trying to avoid compression releases - simply for the reason of not wanting to have to remember them.

my end goal is a bump in performance mainly in the low end, keep the engine and trans as reliable and strong and long lived as I can make it, run on regular premium pump gas (91 non oxy is best my area has)
95% of my riding is done with my wife along, cruising back roads around 55-60 mph.

Want more power than I have now, but not to the point where it becomes high maintenance. went that route with cars long ago. power adders just move the weak links further down the chain and eventually once you hit a certain power point - all your doing is chasing repairs. Not afraid to spend the right money for bang for the buck - but if i gotta leave a few ponies the lb/ft on the table in trade for less work. I can live with that.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:47 AM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaystn62
Call Fuel Moto. I'm sure they'll answer your questions and point you in the right direction. I talked with one of their engine builders last Thursday and pulled the trigger on a set of Woods TW 555 cams with the complete install kit today. Plus they are sending me a custom map for my combination.
I've been riding around for a couple of years with the TW-555s in my 96". Love those cams, and I bought them with the plans of later upgrading to a stock headed 107. But now that I have an install date on the books next month with Fuel Moto, I've decided to go with with the 777s and B heads with ACRs. YOLO!

If you like to twist the throttle, you're gonna love the Wood Triple Nickels. They literally transformed my bike, supported by 2-1-2 headpipe, Jackpot slip-ons, Ness Inverted Sucker, and of course a PC-V tune from Fuel Moto.

Old 06-16-2020, 12:23 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by seanl
I've been riding around for a couple of years with the TW-555s in my 96". Love those cams, and I bought them with the plans of later upgrading to a stock headed 107. But now that I have an install date on the books next month with Fuel Moto, I've decided to go with with the 777s and B heads with ACRs. YOLO!

If you like to twist the throttle, you're gonna love the Wood Triple Nickels. They literally transformed my bike, supported by 2-1-2 headpipe, Jackpot slip-ons, Ness Inverted Sucker, and of course a PC-V tune from Fuel Moto.
After I talked to them last Thursday I told them I plan to install cams now and probably do the 107 drop in with stock heads this winter. I'll probably have it dyno tuned after the 107 and I think that'll be about all I need unless I win the lottery.

Old 06-16-2020, 04:27 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaystn62
After I talked to them last Thursday I told them I plan to install cams now and probably do the 107 drop in with stock heads this winter. I'll probably have it dyno tuned after the 107 and I think that'll be about all I need unless I win the lottery.
Take it from someone who's been there...either do the 107 WITH head work, or stay where you are and do head work. Bumping to the 107 without the head work just isn't worth it IMO.

The following users liked this post:
Br125 (06-17-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 04:54 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SBates08
Take it from someone who's been there...either do the 107 WITH head work, or stay where you are and do head work. Bumping to the 107 without the head work just isn't worth it IMO.
I appreciate your comments but the whole point of this thread was what you might expect out of this combination using stock heads. I believe I'll proceed with my original plan. If I ever decide I need to go with headwork I'll go with a total build from the case up. For what I want I think a build similar to what this thread describes is all I need and it's in my budget.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto